Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
personaly i would choose an import because of they are reliable and quite gas efficent and my friends with domestics are fixing their cars alot more than the ones with imports but thats just my .02

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
I'm gonna take a muscle car. Really, its no reason other than i like them. I like the feeling of power, just pure guts in the belly of the beast. I know they aren't gas efficient. I know they probably aren't the most safe cars in the world. And I'm sure people are gonna tell me that there are imports that are far more powerful than muscle cars. But to me, theres just nothing like the feeling of that 350 big block pulling a hunk of american steel ,or the sound of that baby revving at a light. I want a muscle car because I do. Period.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Wow...Tough question. I really don't know.

On the one hand, I gotta agree with dfdtrumpet. There's nothing like starting your mamoth V8 muscle car and completely deafening anyone within a mile radius. The sound of a muscle car idling, gently bobbing up and down from the insane power within it is just awe-inspiring. I'd love to have an old Vette or something...

On the other hand, I gotta agree with nissantunerdude. The reliablity, versatility, and 'cheapness' of an import makes me love them. You can take any import, maybe swap a motor, bolt on a bigger turbo, tune it some more, and voila. You got a small yet insanely fast car that will run forever. They handle good too, and you aren't limited to just drag racing (which is unfortunately true for most muscle cars). I could drag, drift, touge, and do anything else with an import. Not to mention the fact I own an import...

In the end it's a really hard decision. At this point I think I'd go with an import, just because I can actually afford one. But if I were rich I'd definitely have a few dozen of each.

-Jin

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Muscle car

Nothing like revving the engine of my pony and watching the car rock from side to side with each rev. Im just a vintage kind of guy.

Rice...I mean imports are cool cuz they get good gas mileage and they are cute but just lack the testicular fortitude that one finds in musclecars.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Muscle car

Better looking, cheaper performance parts(more bang for the buck overall), history, etc.

To me gas mileage isn't an issue.

·
Registered
200 Posts
partially depends on which car...there are some nice imports like some Infiniti's (division of Nissan), Toyota Celica, Nissan 350Z, Mazda RX-8 but in general, I would go with the muscle car...1967 Ford mustang Eleanor Edition!!!!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
each have their good and bad things...

in the end... i like to be able to stop and turn... something muscle cars don't tend to be very good at... drum brakes suck... and the suspension they used is good for nothing but hooking up... not to mention i'm kinda a sucker for a turbo :)...

but if i realy wanted a v8... i'd just toss it into my volvo... something i've thought about a number of times.... you get all the poewr of the v8, acculy still get some stoping power and handeling is nice... and you don't attract the idiots or cops that a muscle car does...

if you want the ultmate in muscle imports check out www.v8mr2.com northstar v8 in the back of a mkI mr2... still has some stuff to be finished on the car... but it's a sick project

er that being said... it realy depnds on what car options you give me... i dig muscle cars in their own right... but just have never gotten into cars that use the same technology they where using at the begining of the last century...

but none of the import super cars are perfect either :)

eh ok... lets say a bimmer M5... quicker in a stirght line then a muscle car... and handels better then most of the import supercars... and will tote along 4 adults in comfort :)

mark

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
I'm more of a man of both sides myself. I was basically raised around American Iron so the number of V8s I have had a hand in building are in my blood. There's nothing like the sound of an old musclecar with a nice, big cam in it. Just the exhaust note of these cars is awesome. But then, I am an import man also. I've had the talon for awhile, and I still get a smile when I smoke one of my friends stang or F-body. Plus, I haven't invested that much in the car. It's reliable, gets good gas mileage, and s***s and gets when it needs to, and gotta love the sound of a turbo. Right now, I would side with the imports, but if gas prices were like they were in the 60s, I would be out in a 70 Chevelle with the 454 with a good amount of mods to it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i would have to go with american muscle

my pop still has his Nova race car from when he raced on the streets
I have a 77 elcamino
my cuz has a challenger with the 454 in it and when you hit the gas doing 80 mph it will still break the rear end loose

I want to see a ricer do that

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
Personaly... i have a thing for the looks of an import... but i live by the saying there is no replacement for displacement..

Me and my pops custom buold a 66' GTO about 3 years ago and sold it for $$ cause insurance was outragous... We put a 502 Crate Motor in it. Dual holly 4 barrel carbs, Rear locker, re did the whole interior, But left the back seat out, put a nice roll cage in it. But 4 wheele Disk brakes on it w/ MASSIVe rotors (i honestly forgot the diameter), put a nice sports suspentions that was totaly adjustable to change ride hight and everything..

That car was a ****ing beast... on the road and on gas. lol

The thing i HATE about turbo's is rev up time... W/ a super charger. you stop the gas and the power is right there... w/ a turbo. It has to spool up. it's also been proven that some turbo's restrict your exauhst flow. but. yea. w/e

i also love the fast look of am american muslce car... 66' GTO, 68' Chevelle, 62' Vette, ect. they all just look mean as ****...

Then again... i also got a thing for sport trucks ;) Like mid sized trucks like F-150's and 1500's... bagged, w/ rims, Hard covers on the bed, Extended cab, Slick side bed, nice big chrome rims and nice subs in the back :)... then a super charged V-8 under the hood

Thats me though

:dodgy:

--Jared

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Pre-1973 car, sure they were more dangerous then todays cars, but I can drop any motor in it I want and still be 100% legal. Because of emmissions regulations any car today is pretty much automatically factory neutered.

By the way, if you really want something awesome go look at tractor trailors from before 1970. Turboed 12 liter 400hp/1500lb-tq I6 to V12 monsters that shoot black soot out of un-baffled 3" pipes, with a jake-brake you can make war vets dive for cover from six blocks away. :devil:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts