Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay..I have a tippy 98c with rt and I want a better hopper for it. I got a ricochet ak last year but i'm not liking it too much. I was wondering, should I get a used halo b or a new egg 2. I don't have more than $80 to spend and I think I'm favoring the new egg because well, its new. But I'm no expert so can you guys please help me.

Thanks

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay..but lets say I do get the new egg 2.. I couldn't use that on a new gun? I know I would never spend more than 500 on a gun and I don't play speedball so I wouldn't need to shoot extremely fast or anything. But still, I would like to get more opinions on the original question and this one.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have an evo II but i ordered a halo b just becuz they're faster, better made, and will keep up if i ever get a really fast gun

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, another question....what are common problems with both of these hoppers. I've heard about the battery door on the egg and I've heard that the feedneck is too large on the halo b and that it uses alot of batteries.

·
Registered
76 Posts
IMO the egg is very underrated on these fourms. i mean yeah the halo isa faster/better hopper. but you see quite a few eggs on the pro teams if you ever watch paintball on TV. so for $80 get the egg. as far as problems with the egg. the battery door hasn't given me any trouble on my egg, I'm not positive but i think that was a problem with the egg1 which was a total disaster of a hopper. as for the feedneck on the halo being large. just get a clamping feedneck and your problems are solved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts