Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Which of the following tv shows is the best?

• The Simpsons

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • South park

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Family Guy

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • They all suck.

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
I voted Simpsons, just because seasons 1 through ~10 were funnier, wittier, and more groundbreaking than anything either of the other shows has done. Seriously, go back and watch some episodes from those seasons. Absolute comedic genius.

And why is there no option for Futurama? Futurama was, in a lot of ways, (arguably) a better show than all of the above.

-Jin

D

·
0 Posts
I voted south parl, but if futurama was on there I woulda voted for it.

(I HATE family guy)

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
The simpsons, only becuase it's been my favorite show all my life...

Futurama is a great show too. I wish they would make actual new episodes instead of the movies, but oh well.
Family guy is good, and funny, but not number 1. As well as SP.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
If you look at is, Family Guy is a copy of the simpsons that just taken further. They have two kids and a baby. The mom holds the family together because the dad is insane. They have a trouble making son (Bart and stewie), they have a daughter that is often overlooked, and both shows slowy incorberate more and more charactors from town. The only big difference is that family guy has the onlly talking dog in the world.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Anyone who didn't vote for The Simpsons is a damn fool.

I thank you for not putting Futurama up there, or else I would've had a much harder time choosing.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
and chris! I can't believe you remembered meg without chris
ok ok ok, Chris is like Maggy. They are mostly just place holders in the family and everyonece in awhile say or do (in maggys case) something to be funny. The reason being is that stewie takes on more of a role like bart.

By the way, I voted for the simpsons.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
I would have voted The Simpsons, but that show seriously BLOWS now. They had a good run, they really just need to pull the ****ing plug already. I haven't seen too many new Family Guy episodes, but the few I've seen were kind of stupid. Any new South Park episode I've seen, has still been hilarious. The reason it's my favorite is because it relates so much to current events and non-fiction people. South Park is always "fresh material" where as The Simpsons aren't.

I've really been liking King Of The Hill lately. I hated that show as a kid, but now I like it haha. I've heard they really tanked that series towards the end though. But isn't Family Guy done for anyways? Now they are making the Cleveland Show, which is just going to be absolutely terrible...

·
Pointless thread poster
576 Posts
South Park M'kay?

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Futurama....I love that show, but it seems most people I know, don't. I guess it's because it doesn't really get as many blatant laughs as family guy, southpark, ect; but the plot to each show is generally much better thought out and the jokes fit into the story. It's a more interesting show to watch, IMO.

·
Pedobear Supporter
2,526 Posts
I'm glad you didn't put Futurama up as well... I wouldn't have been able to decide between that and South Park.

But I voted South Park. Same reason that 1337 is talking about - the shows pertain to what's going on nowadays and so the humour is always new and fresh.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts