Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the following web store, which paintballs do you recommend me more? I'm looking for the cheapest paintballs that won't hurt my wallet:

.68 - 2000 paintballs - Capsulas

The page is in Spanish but you can tell by the boxes.

I normally buy this ones:

Capsulas Caja Blanca (Segundas) - .68 - 2000 paintballs - Capsulas

They are cheap and work well but sometimes the come deformed, sometimes right and well, they are not the best quality, those are paintballs that didn't pass quality control or something like that. I was planning to buy this ones instead:

Diablo - Formula 13

But you tell from the list, what do you consider the vest option for me?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Formula 13 or Heat. White box is just what it says, seconds. That means they're lower quality, and usually in my experience except for using them for a team practice, they're to be avoided for actually playing (not that I've used those particular white box ones obviously, but white box is white box).

That said, great prices. I'd love to be able to get heat for less than $38 a case!!

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Formula 13 or Heat. White box is just what it says, seconds. That means they're lower quality, and usually in my experience except for using them for a team practice, they're to be avoided for actually playing (not that I've used those particular white box ones obviously, but white box is white box).

That said, great prices. I'd love to be able to get heat for less than $38 a case!!
That said, what about the other ones?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
That said, what about the other ones?
I HATE GI Sports paint. Worst GARBAGE ever manufactured.

Recsport isn't bad, but for $20 more than Heat, is no better so Heats a better deal.

Stinger in my experience has been very hit and miss. GREAT one time, iffy the next. Still, if you get a good batch, it's good paint for that price.

If you're willing to pay the price, Bronze is some good S**T.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
I had a really good experience with GI paint. it was round, was breaking on target and flew straight.

bronze is what i use in my 3 man tourneys and it's great!

My last few experiences with diablo heat were bad.(though this was 5 years or so ago, mind you) they seemed to have lowered the quality all the way from the packaging to the product.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I will have to agree with Miller. Heat would be my first choice, then formula 13. The stingers i have used have been about a third of them have had issues. At the price the shop sold them for (45) they just weren't worth it. Since they are more expensive than the heat, I

So wouldn't consider them unless the heat/13 is sold out.

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Perfect example of how 2 different batches of paint from the same manufacturer can have TOTALLY different qualities depending on where you're located and how it's handled during transportation...
I'll try with Heat and Forumla 13, lets see if there are no issues, I'll report back afterwards.

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
In conclusion, ask the people working there if what they would use. they'll generally know how something is shooting at the current time and location
I don't like asking the shop which paintballs are better, they generaly try to sell you the most expensive they have. I'll rather ask the pro's at the field (but that is going to be kind of a tough call also, most of them just buy the most expensive stuff without thinking about it, the Dye NT is worshiped among them).

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
I don't like asking the shop wich paintballs are better, they generaly try to sell you the most expensive they have. I'll rather ask the pro's at the field (but that is going to be kind of a tuff call also, most of them just buy the most expensive stuff without thinking about it, the Dye NT is worshiped among them).
If they worship the NT, don't even ask them. They obviously haven't a clue. Speaking as someone who actually thinks the NT would be a good design if it was sold at the ~$500 price point, the NT is a terrible marker for the price. It is my second favorite EVER EP unbalanced spool (favorite being the Demon), but they were MASSIVELY overpriced.

·
Super Moderator
3,802 Posts
I HATE GI Sports paint. Worst GARBAGE ever manufactured.
I had a really good experience with GI paint. it was round, was breaking on target and flew straight.
Every time I've used GI it refuses to come out the barrel intact. What star were you using, I've tried 1-3 and had no luck with any of it.
I've had absolute horrendous experience with anything GI less than 2. 2Star depends on the batch. i've had money, i've had ****. now the hellfire (tourney grade), so good. shot money.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
I've had absolute horrendous experience with anything GI less than 2. 2Star depends on the batch. i've had money, i've had ****. now the hellfire (tourney grade), so good. shot money.
Not the first time I've heard that. Never used it before. Actually considering playing some tournament ball during the winter, might be trying out for...some team...here in a month. Not sure yet. But I find that since I know so few people outside of work (and realistically none outside of work that aren't paintballers) here, I might as well consider playing some tourneys just to get to know more people.

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know where matrix lives but since miller lives in Arizona I'll expect the climate to be a bit similar to mine so maybe Formula 13 and Heat will work for me.

PS Quick question, How much diference there is from Draxxus Bronze to Silver?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Oh, my experiences with all these paints was when I was still in MD.

As for the Bronze to Silver question, for a recballer, not enough to justify the cost. Silver has a much thicker fill and is harder to wipe. I've never really seen much difference in the shell, although supposedly Silver is supposed to be thinner to break easier.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts