Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Flatline barrels are awful no matter what gun they are on. Trust me you dont want to use them they are very inaccurate. I would recomment the 98 custom because the only difference between that and the a5 is the cyclone feed. Now with the extra money you spend on the cyclone feed you can get a hopper like a halo that feeds twice as fast as the cyclone feed and if you ever want to upgrade to a new gun you can still use that hopper unlike the hopper for the cyclone feed.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Just to point out...there's little advantage, if any, to Tippmann over Spyder or 'Cocker.

And I'd go E-grip (or Pro-E for the 98 trim) because it keeps it field legal.

Carbines are nice in their own right.

·
Registered
456 Posts
you should a little higher end electric. Like a b2k4 which is like only $200 now or a promaster which is like $360. Both better then all of your choices up there.

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
ive got a 98c with an electric hopper, a flatline barrell, and the clicky pen mod and that does just fine for me, granted there are a few upgrades i want to do, im pretty happy with the marker itself. a5's tend to eat up air, and i dont know much about the carbines.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
ElectraDX33 said:
isnt an a-5 better?
There is almost no performance difference between the 98c and the A-5. The A-5 just comes with the cyclone feed (which is now available for the 98c) and different looks. The only real advantage is that the A-5 tends to be better for creating a mil-sim marker.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts