Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i know at least some of you ride. What kinda board you ride, where are some of your favorite hills/mountains etc. I really wanna go to whistler someday soon, but as of now i go to tyrol. Getting an Option board pretty soon here. I've got DC boots, option bindings, and grenede goggles.

discuss teh board

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ja289 said:
i want to try snowboarding really bad, i think im gonna try it mabye in feb.? hopefully, cause it looks so damn fun. how long does it usually take to learn the basics?
I've snowboarded like twice, and i can allready ride, turn, do some kickers and i've just about 180'd. You catch on pretty quickly, you just have to commit. But I used to ski, so that probably helped? idk, it's alot different tho.

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
Burton board, unsure of what type.
Burton boots.
Smith goggles.

By the way, I need some bindings. My boots are size 12 clip ons. What would be a good choice? I need them really soon.

·
redneck with a blowtorch!
2,345 Posts
I have been riding a salomon for the last couple of years (156) seems to do me pretty good. I have ridin burton and lamar since about 93... alot has changed...
local hill is bogus basin/ brundage and new is tamarack. used to play at hood in the summer time, I miss those days.

D

·
0 Posts
Id die if I tried it. I tried skiing a couple times.. yikes. I thought I was alright, went on some harder hills. Death.

Today i was biking on some snow covered hills/mounds. Went to hop and pivit on my back tire and do a 180.. I finished the 180 then fell straight back, smashed my head, knocked the wind outta me and I almost barfed.. that is what happens every run when I ski

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
D_Smalls said:
Id die if I tried it. I tried skiing a couple times.. yikes. I thought I was alright, went on some harder hills. Death.

Today i was biking on some snow covered hills/mounds. Went to hop and pivit on my back tire and do a 180.. I finished the 180 then fell straight back, smashed my head, knocked the wind outta me and I almost barfed.. that is what happens every run when I ski
hmmm why did i laugh at that haha? :yikes

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Aaww man I love snowboarding. My setup right now is perfect for jibbing.

I got some smith fuse goggles which are great.

I have an M3 Convoy wide 159, burton freestyle boots, and K2 Formula bindings. There was really no choice in boards I could get, my feet are just too big. I probably should've gotten the 163 but I have enough trouble spinning as it is.

I basically frequent tahoe, Sugarbowl and kirkwood, but I'm gonna hit up heavenly.

edit- Gray protec helmet, gray convert pants, and a gray and red sessions jacket.

O

·
0 Posts
Damn punks stopping in the middle of the slope while I'm skiing!

Just kidding, no one flame me.

I'm a skiier, Mammoth and local stuff like Big Bear, Snow Valley, and others are my usual. I only get out to Mammoth once a year maybe. I've tried snowboarding a couple times, but I just got good at skiing and I enjoy riding blacks and double blacks instead of going on the bunny slope on snowboards.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts