Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone run a Tippmann 98 Custom with an e-bolt? I always heard that they were the a great upgrade but I thought they stopped making the ebolts a while back?

Looks like somebody has one new for sale out on ebay:
eBay: NEW Tippmann 98 Custom E-bolt upgrade Tipmann ebolt RT

What's a good price for this puppy if it really is NIB?

I have an RT installed in my gun, but I really don't like it. The trigger kicks back *WAY* too much and it makes my trigger finger bruised and sore after only a couple games. I'd think the ebolt would be much better than the RT because there's no kickback since it's electronic and not mechanical. Can anyone with one chime in on their thoughts if they run one in their gun?

TIA

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
I wouldn't pay too much for one, but they've been regarded as the 'end all' upgrade for the 98C.
Mine worked pretty good. If you get it, invest in a double trigger kit also. Makes it much easier to get the speed out of it. Also I would recommend HPA instead of CO2, but it should work on CO2 without much problem. There's a chance it'll get damaged with CO2 but its small under normal conditions.

Edit- Forgot this.

They are discontinued now, but there's no shortage for people that want one.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
E-grip is an electric sear tripper design. The trigger hits a switch that makes a mechanical solenoid poke the sear. Works good, same as Spyder E frames. No additional parts needed, handles CO2. Newer.

E-Bolt is an electro pneumatic system. Replaces the rear bolt(hammer) with an air ram and it is controlled by a solenoid valve and circuit in the grip. Mostly the same system as 'high end' guns. Work's good. Comes with all parts needed, including the low pressure regulator. Parts can be damaged by Co2 but some people never have problems. Two versions, Tippmann (GTA) and BSI (Often regarded as the better one). No longer in production.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the E-grip sounds like a useless upgrade to me. Electronic sear poker... big whoop. From what I've read I think it's Ebolt all the way for me - less recoil, better efficiency, h3lla cool - I'm in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts