Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
somebody who read about it on the nation said:
For the ultimate in sweet and sour, try Kool-Aid-soaked dill pickles, a staple snack from the Mississippi Delta. Or if savory is more your style, try deep-fried dill pickle chips

KOOL-AID PICKLES

Start to finish: 2 days, 30 minutes active

Makes: A 46-ounce jar of pickles

46-ounce (1 quart, 14 ounces) jar whole dill pickles

1 cup sugar

2 cups water

2 packets red Kool-Aid (such as cherry flavored)

Drain and discard the juice from the pickle jar. Remove the pickles from the jar and cut each one in half lengthwise. Return the pickles to the jar and set aside.

In a large measuring cup, combine the sugar, water and Kool-Aid. Mix until the sugar has completely dissolved. Pour enough of the liquid into the pickle jar to cover the pickles. Discard any excess.

Cover the jar and refrigerate at least 24 hours.

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
It's no joke. A certain unnamed minority group is known for dipping pickles in packets of red and purple kool-aid at lunch.

And for the record, fried dill pickles, when done right, are probably one of the most amazing appetizers ever.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
It's no joke. A certain unnamed minority group is known for dipping pickles in packets of red and purple kool-aid at lunch.

And for the record, fried dill pickles, when done right, are probably one of the most amazing appetizers ever.
you talking about the people from Israel?
i too hear fried dill pickles are incredible, but I'm not a big enough fan of them by them self to try it.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Fried Pickles are amazing. The Dorney Park near me used to sell them but they stopped years ago.
lol @ dorney park. I used to live near that damn place. So frickin' awesome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts