Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Why do you wear paintball jerseys?

11K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  peachesaretasty 
#1 ·
I just bought a NIB planet eclipse jersey off ebay for 18 bucks. good deal. But I was thinking, why do paintball players wear jerseys? what difference do the jerseys and pants make?

#2 ·
the pants make a huge difference they're uggeg, have patting and strategic pockets.
Jerseys though, I'm not really sure. I bought one cuz it was just as cheap as getting a new longsleeve shirt that I grew out of. Some of them have grip where you old your tank and a little padding on the arms as well.

obviously a team will wear them for identity pruposes.

#3 ·
Depends. I wear them because: mine has a little padding, breathable fabric(not as hot as wearing a t-shirt), and because I like them.

The pants, they are made more durable in important parts. Such as the knees, etc...

Of course, some people only wear them to look cool.

#6 ·
Also, jerseys are elastic. So you can move better in them. Also, they are easier to clean hits off of. If you wear a shirt, it will leave obvious paint stains all day. Whereas in my experience, with a jersey you can usually wipe it off and not blatantly tell you were shot earlier.

#8 ·
I wear my paintball pants as well as a jersey (when I get one) for mainly comfort. They are padded, extremely breathable, and also fashionable. I'd rather spend the money to be cooled off, protected, as well as decent looking while playing rather than be sweating, hurting, and look like I'm trying to make a fashion statement!!

#9 ·
I rarely wore a jersey always a long sleeve shirt. ( which was sort of a jersey I got i played with some of the guys from Troopers )

I wore a jersey when I played with the fields team but I didnt own that one they just had one for me to wear... I guess it was mine I just never paid for it haha.

I didnt really like the feel of jerseys.

-wes.

#10 ·
i just recently bought a jersey and pants for teh first time. i dont know i ever played without the pants and the jersey was actually just cooler and easy to clean

#12 ·
They look more professional and are obviously more breathable. And for teams just so they all look the same which you already established.

#14 · (Edited)
I know a guy that has a jersey, and yeah, he just wears it because he thinks it's cool. Obviously if you have a team you wear it so it represents your team, so I think this is more about why would you otherwise.
But I took a quick look in it and I can see where the "bounces more" comes in - the jersey's 1.5cm thick with padding.

#18 ·
ITS AGG! Idk.

If you get a good jersey (08+) from any major brand they have padding where you're most likely to get hit. If you get a chest protector (like Empire or Proto), they can make balls bounce to and make the sport a little less painful. Paintball Jerseys also clean off much better then a cotton T-Shirt or BDUs...so if you want to wipe its that much easier. If you get an older jersey, the only real perk is that it makes you look like you play Tournaments.

Pants are awesome. If you crawl, crouch, or slide at all these make the game so much easier. Instead of scraping your knees, and hitting them on rocks you have a long thick portion of padding to protect your knees. You can say, "isn't that what knee pads are for"? Knee pads serve that purpose but I find it much easier to run without knee pads restricting my movement. You also get a lot more bounces off of the pants.

#19 ·
The pants are important for many reasons easy to clean, padding, pockets etc as said above as for the jersey mostly I wear mine so our team is uniform the same reason all teams wear jerseys for the uniformity. Additionally my jersey has some padding on the elbows and shoulders for a little more protection and also has some grip for the tank.

#20 ·
Guys, this thread is well over 2 years old........ necro p0st

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.