Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on a few posts that people dont like the Cyclone feed system on the Tippmann guns. Tho i get the feeling this was more from the speedballers than in general. Why is that? I like the feeder on my A-5 just because it has that preloader, and its perfectly timed. I have yet to break a ball *knock on wood* Even when i was test firing with crappy, warped balls they didnt break.

Why hate? :p

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
HuNtS said:
plus in my opinion because the a-5 has the cyclone it's such a gas hog.. my brothers tippy gets good efficiency, but my friends a-5.. holy crap..:tdown
The cyclone operates on the excess gas that the 98 custom usually vents out.

Only reason I liked my a5 was because I could fan the hell out of it (9-10 bps) with no batteries. I had the trigger hella light.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I personally like the Cyclone on my 98. I also like the TSA I use on my Ion. I like the fact that the Cyclone has a lower profile on the Tippy and doesn't need batteries.

·
Registered
14 Posts
burningcow422 said:
Only reason I liked my a5 was because I could fan the hell out of it (9-10 bps) with no batteries. I had the trigger hella light.
that is pretty slow i can get 9 bps out of a single trigger 98 without cyclone although i usally only shoot about 6bps

but i did try a cyclone on my 98 and did not like it. it seemed to not function nearly as nice as an a-5 cyclone. but yes the preload and the few extra balls they hold can be quite nice.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
der51106 said:
that is pretty slow i can get 9 bps out of a single trigger 98 without cyclone although i usally only shoot about 6bps
yeah I'm just saying. If you fan 9-10 bps with a gravity feed hopper you won't be too sucessful. I just like the fact that it loads every shot (to a point) without batteries.

·
Registered
568 Posts
A Tippy isn't a speedball gun anyways. For the woods the hopper width is just fine. The lower profile is actually more important in my opionion out in the woods.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
paintballin34 said:
It's a woodsball gun anyways..

I suppose that is true. And i use my A-5 for woods ball anyway. Ive only played speedball once or twice with it, and it did alright. I like it because it wont agitate the paint of you turn it on its side heh.

In all honesty tho, i don't see how the cyclone is any more of a target than the hopper :p

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
The Cyclone Feed runs off of your air system, instead of batteries, so it eats up your air faster... If you're playing at a field all day with free refills, it's not much of a problem... but if you play in the woods in your backyard it would be smart to invest in another tank, or buy a Richochet hopper (same specs as the Cyclone, but runs on batteries).

But, when all else fails, use the Revy

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I play in the woods, but only for a few hours. In my case how i have my gun set, We generally run out of paint before we run out of air. And i also have a response trigger.

·
Pedobear Supporter
2,526 Posts
BlueShox said:
The Cyclone Feed runs off of your air system, instead of batteries, so it eats up your air faster... If you're playing at a field all day with free refills, it's not much of a problem... but if you play in the woods in your backyard it would be smart to invest in another tank, or buy a Richochet hopper (same specs as the Cyclone, but runs on batteries).

But, when all else fails, use the Revy

see, that's where you're wrong. It uses the blowback gas.... all it does is use the extra air in your gun after you fire.

That's why when you get low on air you can shoot it but the cyclone wont spin.

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
M98Man said:
see, that's where you're wrong. It uses the blowback gas.... all it does is use the extra air in your gun after you fire.

That's why when you get low on air you can shoot it but the cyclone wont spin.
yeah but he also has response trigger, which also runs on the blowback gas... can both the hopper and the response work on the same portion of blowback gas?

·
Zero Or Die
1,143 Posts
I don't like them cause you can't use them on other guns. I would just get an eVLtution II, which cost the same price as the cyclone feed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
well they both have their ups and downs, the cyclone doesnt need batteries, but the electronic hoppers can shoot faster bps and are slimer. its all about personal preference, or the condition that your playing in.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts