Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
sk8 with paint
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering why the cuztom pro can use the e grip, but the 98 custom cant. all of the specs ive seen about the custom pro were just it comes with drop, diff barrel, and double trigger.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Well the newer 98c can cause they use the Pros molds

But if you know some that can do it i am surethey can mill the shell of the older 98c to let you install the e-grip

·
Registered
559 Posts
You can use it in a regular 98 but you have to machine out the space for all of the components which is a major pain in the @$$ and would probably cost more to have it done than it would to buy a custom pro.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought an e-grip on ebay not realizing that there was a difference between the custom and custom pro. After I said "oh phooey," I decided to install it. First I took the Opsgear M16 magazine vismod to work and bored out the bottom end to make room for the battery, circuit board, and capacitor. I also drilled three holes in the back side near the air hose to hold the new LED's and switch. After that I had to cut a square hole in the pistol grip of each receiver half to accomodate the solenoid. I also took a block of aluminum and machined it down to fit inside the pistol grip with a through bored hole for the actuator rod and a pocket for the sear spring. I finished it off with a length of ribbon cable from a scanner, a momentary switch and a couple LED's to replace what was on the board, and a preset tuner switch from an old GM stereo and a week later I was ready to go. It's a real night mare to take the damn thing apart, I've had non-stop problems with the sear spring and in the process of machining this stuff, I broke my Dremel. Was it worth it? I don't know, but it's a lot better than my old response trigger.
If you want pics let me know at [email protected] with subject "I want e-grip mod pics"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts