Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why were one room school houses traditionally painted red?

My brother asked me this and I can't find the answer anywhere. E-cookie to anyone that can find the answer. thumup:

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
that woudl seem to make sence.

another reason could be that it's easy to see red and if somebody was lost they could pick it out more easily?? <

but that's just a guess, dont' take it as a fact.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
It was painted red after the barns. Because they thought of children as wild animals..... hey the children still are :p

·
Registered
61 Posts
Spyder3188 said:
Because red paint was the cheapest color paint back in the day. Same reason that most old barns were painted red.
It's because red is the best color for non A/C buildings (cooler in summer, warmer in winter). Old schoolhouses didn't have air conditioning, nor do most barns.

Where's my cookie?

·
Registered
434 Posts
i beleive it is the temperatur thing a very moderate color for the seasons, sides they had to cover up the blood stains

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
bunkertime said:
lol, Thats freaky, where they paint the door casing. Sorta like the old Jewish Story of painting sheeps blood on the doors of ur house so that the spirits do not kill the first born.

--Jared
passover much?

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Maybe it represented hell, just like that one Clint Eastwood movie where he painted the whole cowboy town red. And the sign said "welcome to hell".

1 - 20 of 23 Posts