Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Topic. I've just heard it won't shoot fast enough, but I absolutely love the look of the gun, and only have about $200 to spend on a marker, and that's pushing it. Will I be OK with one?

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
At what level?

Beginer and entry stuff, sure. But you're right, you will not be able to shoot as fast as many other guns. The E-gripped version could keep up easier, but it might still be a limiting factor depending on how you play.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Torch said:
At what level?

Beginer and entry stuff, sure. But you're right, you will not be able to shoot as fast as many other guns. The E-gripped version could keep up easier, but it might still be a limiting factor depending on how you play.
Beginner level, paintball for me is like a once-a-month thing, although I'm looking to play more often.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
My 98 holds up just fine against the Ion in speedball and makes it look pretty silly in woods. The Tippmann 98 W.A.S. Board E-trigger will hold up in speedball against Ions and guns of that level.

Timmys and DM's and so on well thats another story.

·
Registered
280 Posts
A tipmman 98c pro by itself would never hold up in speedball stock, if you get a E-gripp and W.A.S board on it then you would be able to keep up with most people. But of course you would need a faster hopper and n2 tank which would put you over 200$...what can I/we say paintball is not the poormans sport.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
What do you need an N2 tank for???? ITS A TIPPMANN= Runs on C02 just fine. I have a couple of C02 tanks, and I shoot 15bps-17bps all day, no problems! my hopper is a Halo TSA, capable of about 17, and is only $50. Its a nice lower buget set up.

You don't need N2. My set up is about $250.

·
Registered
559 Posts
save up and get a higher end gun or a nice spyder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts