Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
as long as it's the 98c flatline barrel and not the a5 one it should work just fine

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the A5 flatline will fit the 98C PS? whats the point if there is a flatline specific for the 98C PS?

·
Registered
53 Posts
the a5 flatline won't fit the 98c at all, is what he's getting at, the a5 flatline locks in place of the standard thread adapter, while the 98c flatline threads in like a standard barrel, onto which you mount the shroud that comes with it. The two are NOT interchangeable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:confused: Uhh....yeah....not sure what an A5 barrel has to do with my question though. That would be like me asking if I could put a compressed air tank on the drop forward and someone saying - sure, as long as you put compressed air in the tank and not Co2 you will be fine. Well DUH!

I was asking because the 98C PS flatline barrel has the shroud on it....and I was not sure if the grip would fit on it. Nothing about an A5 barrel anywhere in the scenario. I guess it was just additional insight to ponder. thumup:

Anyways, thanks for the answers!!

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
just fyi though, the flatline will not give you any additional range, if you didnt know this already, hold off on buying it and do some reasearch first, imo the flatline is one of the worst values on the market, a J&J ceramic at $30 is largely considered a better barrel than the flatline (also one of the best values on the market)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, I have read many different views on the flatline barrel. I have two of the J&J barrels and definitely agree that they are top notch. I figured I would give the flatline a shot (no pun intended) for myself.

·
Registered
53 Posts
the A5 flatline will fit the 98C PS? whats the point if there is a flatline specific for the 98C PS?
:confused: Uhh....yeah....not sure what an A5 barrel has to do with my question though. That would be like me asking if I could put a compressed air tank on the drop forward and someone saying - sure, as long as you put compressed air in the tank and not Co2 you will be fine. Well DUH!

I was asking because the 98C PS flatline barrel has the shroud on it....and I was not sure if the grip would fit on it. Nothing about an A5 barrel anywhere in the scenario. I guess it was just additional insight to ponder. thumup:

Anyways, thanks for the answers!!
Read the bold, which you wrote, then maybe you will understand my original comments.

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
Yup, I have read many different views on the flatline barrel. I have two of the J&J barrels and definitely agree that they are top notch. I figured I would give the flatline a shot (no pun intended) for myself.
alright, its your money but i figure it would be better to go down to the field and shoot someones marker who already has one rather than spend the money to see for yourself

·
Registered
201 Posts
DO NOT waste your money on a flatline if you already have 2 j&j's. invest in a different gun. you're going to get stuck in the tippmann upgrade trap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts