Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
i only know how to make slideshows with it. u might want to use another program though cause it is not very good and i dont know if u can do what u want with it. whenever you put a pic or anything into one of the slides and put it on full screen mode everything gets blurry

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
ChaosTheory said:
HP do u know a way to add pics to movie maker and not have them all blurry when u put it on full screen
I've never had a problem, and I make LOTS of slide shows.

My question is:
What format are you saving the slideshow in? (ie DV, WMV 640x480 ? 320x240 What method are you viewing the slideshow with? WM9? DVD player?

For my slideshows, I will either save as DV, or WMV-NTSC. Both are hi-res without artifacts. Then I'll convert to DVD using Tmpgenc.
Its at full resolution on my TV: 720x480 and looks pretty sharp.

Now, if your saving your pics at a low-bandwidth WMV format, then they WOULD look blurry. NEVER let the program pick the format for you. MANUALLY select one of the high-resolution/high-bandwidth formats.

Also, WM9 might look blurry if your using the DV codec since it doesnt always decode it correct. If your burning to DVD/CD, what encoder are you using?
Some encoders will reconvert to 320x240, and it will look blurry.

-Nick

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I just recently found out you can make your own custom effects/transitions.

A wicked cool effect is to have the slideshow pictures pan and zoom SLOWELY like they do with professional equipment. Makes the slideshow seem much more fluid and interesting, without being gaudy like some of those silly transitions.
I also experimenting with a Picture/in/Picture effect for slides. This way, I can insert an animated GIF on top of the pictures for added effects. (I recently used a "waving american flag" over a vid of my kids friend saying the "pledge of allegience". Worked great).

I originally hated "Movie Maker". Early versions were VERY buggy, and limited in usefullness. Its still a bit buggy, but I've been pretty impressed with its abilities on version 2.0

Nick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts