Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into custom bodies and see that some have wire detents while others have screw-in ball bearing type detents (or taps or mills). I never considered the difference before, since most non-cockers I have used have balls or rubber nubbins ...and I am new to cockers. What are the schools of thought on cocker detents? is one new wave while the other is old school , or do each have their own unique dis/advantages? or is it a style thing in the end? Thanks

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
wires are a lot nicer, but they seem to wear on a delrin bolt a little more. they are also a lot harder to install then the ball bearing detent

·
Registered
549 Posts
^^ you mean the bolt gets more wear or the wire dent does? I did not follow that. I have yet to install a new wire on mine but it does not look like it would be any harder just have to do a little more (unscrew, pull wire out, put the new wire in, screw it back together) correct me if I am wrong.

Kyle

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
yea I think a Nylon ball in a regular detent works fine, but there is always the possibility of a jam

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
i ment it wears on the bolt more. its nothing major though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts