Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a bridge a few months back to hook up my PS2 to the internet via my wireless router. Well, I hooked it up and crap, and it receives signals and stuff, but it won't connect to the internet. So does anyone else who has a wirelss PS2 connection wanna help me out here?

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
no u dont need a spicific one...any one will work...including one for a computer.

Ok you say you got a bridge...now I assume you have a wireless router also? correct?

and what do you have...cable?

answer this stuff so i can find out the details to help you out...i had problems connecting to the interenet with my PS2 network adaptor but i fugred it out.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
yea im not a genius when it comes to this stuff, but i know 3 people who got the game adapters and none of them had trouble setting theirs up

do you have a network adapter for the ps2? you're gonna need that too

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
lol there is no connection to plug anything in if you dont have the network adaptor...so i would think he has it lol.

When you start using normal comptuer routers it gets a lil more difficult then just plugging everything in. When you setup the connection...u have to spicificly go into manual and set all the seperate adresses...like the IP...DNS server and such.

If you set up your computers IP adresses manually then just copy down all the numbers...but change THE LAST ONE...like if the last number is a 2...change it to somethign else. the last 3 numbers basicly are the name of the computer...each computer on the network has a different name/number. copy everything else down and it shoudl work.

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive done all that. And yes I have a PS2 online modem, and a wireless router. I just got a bridge so I could hook up my PS2 wirelessly. And I'm running B, not G on a dsl connection. And it's not that the signal isnt strong enoguh, becuase I get an "excellent" signal when I'm downstairs on my laptop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts