Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Wheeeeee!
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did anybody else in WI feel a bit of a sudden tremor around 1-2:00 AM? My sister felt it also (we're night-time folk, here), and I checked with it on a local web-seismograph:

http://www.uwm.edu/Dept/Geosciences/Recent_EQ/images/UWMBB3-3112E2.gif

Heh. Check THAT out. Anyone else feel that one?

Was kinda cool, considering nothing's dammaged. A bit of a crash and a wobble.

[EDIT:] Aha, found it. Local weather station says that there was a 4.5 (rictor scale) earthquake near Chicago, IL. Was kinda neat to be awake for that. :D

So, was anyone else up? (or, woken up?)

·
Registered
329 Posts
The EARTH IS GONNA SPLIT IN TWO!!!. Im in michigan and i didnt feel anything, Probably because i sleep like a rock, The house can burn down and i can sleep through it. Its like i take sleeping pills but i really dont. Weird 0?

·
Registered
97 Posts
There are always earthquakes here in cali but a lot of them I dont even feel. I haven't felt a big one in a couple years, but there are theories that a big one will happen sometime and change everything.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
we had an earthquake here that came from upstate new york, and it was during the day but i didnt feel it. I guess it was to weak and too far away. That or i didnt notice it because we always have helicopters and planes flying over us.. I always wanted to feel what an earthquake is like though.

·
Banned
348 Posts
SoCalHomie said:
There are always earthquakes here in cali but a lot of them I dont even feel. I haven't felt a big one in a couple years, but there are theories that a big one will happen sometime and change everything.
I guess your school hasnt taught you about plate tectonics and stuff yet.
You'll find that the theory is very wrong.

Also the theory california will be off us soil is wrong to. Because the plates go in a sliding motion. Ugh since its summer i forget the rest of the detail

·
Wheeeeee!
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's possible, I suppose, but unlikely to happen for a long time. Historically, we've never had one.

Heh, if we did, home-owner's insurance providers would be in for a big suh-prise. :D

·
Registered
520 Posts
i live in wisconsin ppl were telling me but i dindt feel it lol,im must of been sleeping or something,i went to bed at 1:30ish i think

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
if i was at my house i would of been awake to feel it but i had to spend the night at my aunts house so there wasnt anything to do their so i went to bed like at 12:45 or so. so i just missed it

EDIT: btw shytkicker where do u live in wisconsin. i live in beloit which is the southeast of it right next to the illinois border

1 - 20 of 23 Posts