Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my teeth pulled this morning at 8:50. I was knocked out through the whole thing. My mouth doesn't hurt (thank you hydros), but it is still numb. How long should my jaw/chin be numb for? I thought novacane only numbed someone for an hour or two. I'm still numb now, 4 hours after the removal.

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
I got my teeth pulled this morning at 8:50. I was knocked out through the whole thing. My mouth doesn't hurt (thank you hydros), but it is still numb. How long should my jaw/chin be numb for? I thought novacane only numbed someone for an hour or two. I'm still numb now, 4 hours after the removal.
I didn't know they could knock you out for dental surgery. I don't take to novacaine, so I've been putting off some stuff for a few months now.

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
My brother's friend took over the counter pain medicine and sold his vicadin to some druggy for lots of scrilla.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I had to use my vicodin. My mouth hurt like a ***** after the surgery.

I didn't get knocked out tho, just went with nitrous oxide. It was kind of nice being "awake" for the whole thing. It took 45 mins to get all 4 teeth but it only felt like 5 mins...

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
I'd want to get knocked out.

I had like 3 friends get their wisdom teeth removed within the same 2 day span. I need to get mine removed soon too.

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
i would asked to get knocked out
When i finally go to get mine took out

1. Get knocked out
2. ***** so i get more meds
3. Sell to friends
5. Profit

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
well thats whats funny.. they didn't even grow in.. thats why i have to get them pulled :\

my oral surgeon basically explained that they're not going to grow in, but theres a fatty tissue surface over the impacted teeth, that basically is a cyst. its common in people who have impacted wisdom teeth, and it doesn't "look gross" or anything. but what happens is, when the nerves keep growing, the cyst could get infected (which is pretty likely since 2 different surgeons told me this) and possibly lead to cancer (the worst obviosuly). they're more concerned about the infection in general, since well.. its not good to have an infected cyst sitting in 4 parts of your mouth.

also, the sooner i get them pulled before the nerves fully grow in, the less pain i'll suffer from. the top teeth don't have the same nerves the bottom wisdom teeth do, because the majority of your teeth nerves are on your bottom-set. so when they pull them while the nerves are fully grown, it hurts alot more than when they're still ungrown.

also, if they grow in on an angle, it could damage other teeth, and also cause other kinds of infections if they rub at all with another tooth

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
I remember I did mine awake, and it was one of the funnest days I can remember (no joke). They gave me this pill before hand that made me so unbelievably carefree, that I really can't even begin to explain how surreal it was. I remember laughing a bit and having trouble at first falling out of the waiting room chair. I only remember the first tooth getting pulled, the rest is a blur, but they didn't even need to give me pain killer because I was so out of it.

It's hard to explain, it's like I knew it was hurting me a lot, but I honestly didn't care and it didn't make me uncomfortable at all. I also got a ton of strong pain killers that made me feel nice while I stayed home from school the next few days. Don't get hooked on that **** thought because it is worse on you than most illegal drugs.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
^

when i had surgery on my foot, I was laying in pre-op and finaly asked for pain meds....I dont know exactly what she put in my iv, but i stopped speaking mid-sentence because the cealing did a 180 spin and dropped a good three feet :D. It still hurt like hell, but i didnt care anymore....

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I am getting mine out on thursday... not really nervous at all.. im going to be out cold for the whole thing and im going to have my parents tell them that i have an extremely low pain tolerance so they prescribe something heavy duty :smokin hopefully that works and hopefully i have a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Getting my wisdom teeth out was no biggie. I was knocked out and got all 4 out. I was fine the next day, but didn't feel like going to school. I did have atleast 2 teeth impacted too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts