Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know much about it. was told its a odessy cocker with a wgp slide. Gonna try and move it, but not sure how much to ask. the barrel kit is not being sold.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Odyssey o3m with a WGP hinge frame. Bolt/pin look stock. Looks like HPR and full pneumatics from an 04 prostock. I'm FAIRLY certain I see TRV's on that ram. Very odd upgrade for someone to spend money on given that it's a mech and TRV's only help cyclic speed...thereby being a total waste on that marker. Unless they had planned on eframing it at one point.

Fairly rare body, however as far as performance is concerned it's nothing beyond stock. Actually why the original owner spent the money on the pneumatics I wouldn't understand, since they're no better or worse than the stock Odyssey pneumatics. But whatever.

You're not going to get much. A little over $100 would be the best you're probably going to see, and if you wanted to sell it quickly, I'd ask under $100.

It's even the same color as mine.

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
One good thing about that marker is that it's an 11/16" valve (Trilogy valve). These have better flow characteristics than the classic valves, so when compared to most other cockers of the same time period, this will be able to be tuned to be a bit nicer since the others didn't yet have 11/16" valves. In hindsight, I think K2 used this marker as the base for the trilogy that was released in 04, as this is actually the first cocker that uses the 11/16" valve*. They actually produced it using a modified Spyder valve.

*-of otherwise fully Autococker compatible markers. The Dragun Dragunfly series of markers also used modified Spyder valves, but these also used Spyder barrels, Spyder feednecks, metric threaded pneumatics that couldn't easily be replaced with cocker pneumatics, and a slightly different OD bolt that was the same length as either the 2K+ bolt or an STO, depending on the model of Dragunfly.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One good thing about that marker is that it's an 11/16" valve (Trilogy valve). These have better flow characteristics than the classic valves, so when compared to most other cockers of the same time period, this will be able to be tuned to be a bit nicer since the others didn't yet have 11/16" valves. In hindsight, I think K2 used this marker as the base for the trilogy that was released in 04, as this is actually the first cocker that uses the 11/16" valve*. They actually produced it using a modified Spyder valve.

*-of otherwise fully Autococker compatible markers. The Dragun Dragunfly series of markers also used modified Spyder valves, but these also used Spyder barrels, Spyder feednecks, metric threaded pneumatics that couldn't easily be replaced with cocker pneumatics, and a slightly different OD bolt that was the same length as either the 2K+ bolt or an STO, depending on the model of Dragunfly.

wow, you really done your homework. thumup:
thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts