Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i play woodball. i used to play at a field were dirtbikes ride i use shoes, or my vans. but now there are too many dirtbikes and four wheelers out there and a good amout of noobies so we do not play there anymore. we started playing across the road. it is bad ass but there is a lot of mesquite trees, and the grass is about a foot high to about 3 feet high. there is a lot of stickers out there to. get stuck on shoes and the bottom of shoes. plus in south texas almost all the land that is out of city limits(Ranch) have rattlers never seen one when i play but now i want to protect my self. i have seen rattlers and do shoot them when i go target practicing. when i got hunting , it is not hunting like other states we use blinds so boots are not a high on my priority. i do have camo i just want to know what shoes or boots you wear.

well do you guys wear combat boots? should i get some?
if so which ones?

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Get whatever boots will best suit your enviroment. I have a pair that stops just over my ankles, and are waterproof. Really I think I bought them at walmart =\. It's all I've needed because I don't have the snakes here to worry about (well, there are other kinds but stay with me). I just wanted something that would hold up if I happened to be in some mud or loose ground, branches, and all the other woodsie things that a tennis shoe isn't the best for.

It sounds like some boots that cover most of your lower legs would work well for you. It can limit your ability to move and bend, so take that into account too.

·
Number One Target
373 Posts
I like combat boots, although they do limit some movement and its a little difficult to run long distances in. I have become so used to wearing them I dont it it a problem

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the boots might limit some movement but i would rather be safe then sorry. but if i wanted to be real safe and pay money to go to an indoor field and play speed ball i would. i like both but out in the fields is where most of my paintball friends would rather play. yes it is a risk. it is up to us to make that decision.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
steel-toed working/hiking boots from walmart. heavy as crap but waterproof a good 4-5 inches up your shin, so you can play anywhere and still keep your socks clean and dry :hug:

·
12,110 Posts
bobide said:
army grade jungle boots.
When you say army grade, do you mean the $30-40 suplus brands?

I've had about 3 pairs of rothco imitation boots.. Two pairs of jungle ones, and a standard sole pair.

Nothing compares to an actually good brand boot.

I usually wear timberland pro series (steel toes) now, but if I had the money, I'd probably buy a pair of cochorans.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I used to wear Jungle boots that I got at Ft. Dix (I used to live there). Then they got too small, and Magnums proved more comfortable for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i also play woodsball and have a problem with ratlers but they dont bother me much so i where my globes......only been bit once by a rattler coz i stepped on it. if u have a problem with them just stay away and ull be fine.

·
Registered
71 Posts
hi-tec steel toe boots for woods(once in a blue moon)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts