Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend makes grips for paintball guns, so because that would look sick on my gun i asked him to build one for me. But then he informed me that the grips he made were not quite as thick as the once that he built and there is a possibility that it might pierce some of my internals. Ion owners, should i be ok?

·
Registered
44 Posts
bad idea! I have done a similar thing with my ion, the screws went right through and the top ones are perfectely lined up with the capacitor. it screwed right into it, leaving a hole in it ,make the handles thicker or get shorter screws, the board still worked, but I ended up getting a new one anyway.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok buddy, thank you very very much, i would hate to ruin my 140$ board. I still want it so i will instruct the dude to make the grip the exact same size!

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Another flaw in the Ion design is as stated before, the capacitor being right behind the screw hole. I know that most grips are too thin for the Ion, so if you use stock screws with them, you will most definitely screw into the capacitor, and burn out and ruin your board. My friend had Hybrid grips on his, and his cousin used the stock screws, and the board got jacked up.
Thats why most grips come with shorter screws and a warning that says something along the lines of damaging your marker if you dont use the screws provided. Yeah, that piece of paper wasnt put in there accidentally!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts