Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have never played in a game. Im gonna go to this place with some friends where they have 2 teams and play "capture the flag". How exactly does this game work? I need some good advice on how to play good. A little help please would be great, thanks!

D

·
0 Posts
you have two bases.. you run to the other teams bases, grab their flag.. take it to your base

or theres a flag in the middle and you gotta grab it and either hang it in their base or yours.. theres differnet versions

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sometimes teams can be caught up in the middle and have firefights there. Sometimes they never move away from that area. You could steer away and go find quieter routes, or join the melee to hopefully overwhelm opponents with numbers.
Also, watch your back as well as much as your front, because your opponents are trying the same thing you are and could passing you, flanking you.

·
Banned
214 Posts
what is your definition of fun? paintball? then of course, if your into woodsball

·
Registered
292 Posts
I played this actually last frday and it was rather interesting. They was we played... the flag was in the middle and you ahve to grab it and go back to your base. If you get shot then you have to run back to your base and touch the tree then your back in. Course the two CTF games we played didnt even last long LOL the other team rapid fired at our asses and it had us pinned and someone ran and took the flag and we were ass'ed out.

Its one of those games where its as fun as you make it imo.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yesterday we played the flag in the middle and you had to bring it to the other teams base, that was hard. And we also just played total elimation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Capture the flag games usually just turn into an elimination game, like people have posted above. It take a lot to actually get the flag, which can be fun if you're into strategy type game. I guess they can be pretty fun.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Well, when I play capture the flag, it's with my friends who are total and complete n00bs that all hide in one bunker together, so I normally elminate them all before I get to the flag.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Number One N00b said:
Well, when I play capture the flag, it's with my friends who are total and complete n00bs that all hide in one bunker together, so I normally elminate them all before I get to the flag.
Ya i have to agree with that one. I played once with all first-timers on my team...my friend (opposite team) snuck up behind them and was actually able to take them prisoner (I found out later they were afraid of getting hit...).
So it was kinda frustrating.
I don't usually play capture the flag anymore, cause everytime i've played the two teams didn't get to see the location of the other team's flag. In fact, at that same game mentioned above, i was huffin and puffin trying to find the other teams flag during that same time (i never did)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts