Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
You have no idea how much your forum has helped me learn more about Markers and accessories.
Now that I know what I am generally looking for I need a few tips on the following:

I'm going for Woodsball strickly. No intentions of Speedball'n

-Looking at the Tippmann 98 Custom / Pro / A-5 because it was recommended.
I'd like to know if there is something better if I'm only Woodsball'n
If not. Which of the 3 models should I pick.

-Looking at 20 OZ Co2 Tank w/ anti Siphon
Should I go with HPA for the performance?

-Looking at Revy's Viewloader just because the guide says so :smokin

-Mask? I'll get to it when I have my basics.

Here are my worries. With the Tippmann I read I will need to have a good barrel
for good performance(any recommendation?). And last but not least... is buying a
used kit on Ebay worth it? Or go straight to my retailer.

Money isn't so much an issue... I'm a beginner and will stick for low end but still
looking for performance as recommended.

Thank you for the replies in advance,

Priss

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
check out the J&J ceramics barrel Not only are they awesome barrels and cheap, they also shoot out breaks if you happen to have that happen.

Crawdad, since he's not playing speedball I'm gong to assume he wont' have available HPA tank fills while playing. Because HPA tanks don't last long when compared to a co2 tank of the same size I do believe that a CO2 tank will be his best option in the way he will be playing. It's very true that mags are one of the best mech markers, but they also require HPA or an expensive setup in order to operate with CO2.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HPA refill is no problem with the place I can refill at $1/1000psi.
I would be getting 2 tanks
-looking at roughly at 48-72C 3000PSI

So I'll go with the Custom 98 Pro since it's a few bucks higher with a drop foward
and few lil' gizmos extra. W/ the J&J Ceramic Barrel. Mask should be no problem.
I really just wanted the technical down.

I'll invest into an Automag in the future :)

Last question.. the size of the ball per barrel fit is the key to accuracy I hear.
How do I know what to get and what not?

Priss

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
DO NOT get anything with 3000 psi! The tanks are very heavy! You will be alot happier spending the extra $50 and getting a cheaper carbon fiber tank. Something like a 68/4500 would be ideal. If your planing on playing really long senerio games where you'll shoot 1500-1800 times before refilling then get a 72/4500 or a 92/4500.

Also you will need High pressure air for a tippmann.

Crawdaddy, an automag wouldn't be a good idea for new player. The company isn't around anymore so getting parts and so on will be hard. Also a cyclone system is a LOT better then an aggitating hopper. It feeds more consistant than a stock HALO and just as fast. The down side to the cyclone is that it takes up more room, which is a pain in speedball. Not as big of a deal in the woods.

I also wouldn't worry a lot about buying a used tippmann. You can't really hurt it if you tried and if you somehow managed to, you could get any part very easly.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
err kaz, I own a 30psi tank made from a fiber wrapped material.
plus AMG is most definately still alive and kicking.

PLUS buying a used tippman would yield a better quality marker as the newer ones have dropped in quality.

3 strikes...you're out.:dodgy:

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
Yea so is ICD lol lol lol matrix, what ever open your eyes and face the facts. Show me one thing AGD has come out with in the past year and a half. Automags arn't a good newbie marker.

I said that he should buy used!!?? Your post makes no sense. it's called READING!

99% of 3000psi tanks are steele's and you know it. and 4500 are so much nicer period.

3 strikes wtf? How did you ever get to be a mod honestly.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
Yea so is ICD lol lol lol matrix, what ever open your eyes and face the facts. Show me one thing AGD has come out with in the past year and a half. Automags arn't a good newbie marker.

I said that he should buy used!!?? Your post makes no sense. it's called READING!

99% of 3000psi tanks are steele's and you know it. and 4500 are so much nicer period.

3 strikes wtf? How did you ever get to be a mod honestly.
you made my giggle.
AMG still maks markers and parts, I dont' see hoe ICD fits into this at all

I never said you told him to buy used

all metal tanks are 3000psi but not all 3000psi tanks are aluminium.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you made my giggle.
AMG still makes markers and parts, I dont' see hoe ICD fits into this at all

I never said you told him to buy used

all metal tanks are 3000psi but not all 3000psi tanks are aluminium.
damn it? I hate Syllogism...
So I'm looking for Carbon Fiber Tank to make it lighter. That's
the jits of the argument I hear.

How do I know how new the Tippmann is if I'm looking at retail..
Is there a way to know that it int poor quality as opposed to the
older ones manufactured?
Or should I go with a different marker all together?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts