Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, me and about 10 other kids have been playing in the woods near my friends house for about 2 years, and someone raised the idea for a night game or something like it. I am not sure what to expect, or how to set up the game. I am sure it would be fun and scary to not be able to see too much, but it wouldnt be much fun if there is nothing to see at all. Should i set up lights? Should there be glow in the dark paint? Is a night game even a good idea? Any advice or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ive played in the night and it was fun. First you need glow sticks. Tie one on each arm and one on the hopper. The next step you need glow in the dark paintballs. And the last step is you should bring walkie talkies to make communicating(sp?) easier.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Play defend the base, and the defenders have flashlights. Glow in the dark paint requires a speacial hopper, and the paint is to expensive.

D

·
0 Posts
played it once, fell into vcreek, couldnt see anything, it wasnt really that fun, but we are thinking of playing speedball in my field at night, put like flash lights at the side. or those mosqito candle things/.. migh tbe cool

·
Registered
39 Posts
i've tried it at dusk, which was almost night since the woods were pretty dense so little light came in. It wasn't too fun since i got stung by a buncha bees and the best strategy seemed to just wait until somebody moved and then shoot at whatever was moving.. so the games just dragged on.

if you're using glowsticks it might be a good idea to tape one to your barrel and/or mask so you can't point at anybody without giving away where you are.

·
Administrator
1,128 Posts
I've played at night in the woods with a group of guys... but it was almost impossible to see anyone. I think if you used a set of nearby lights or car headlights to shadow the area you are playing in it would be fun.

We gave each player a flashlight for taping to the end of their barrel. The rule was that if you were shooting you had to have your flashlight turned on... worked okay.

Another good rule is that ANY HIT COUNTS... including bounces. Its too hard to tell if you are hit at night so we made bounces count as hits.

It was fun and worth trying at least once. :)

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
i played at night with some freinds, and we just taped flashlights to out barrels, it worked well on mine cus i dont have a drop foreward so it counteracted the weight of my co2 tank.

·
Registered
783 Posts
We tried it but it sucks, it was spur of the moment so no glow sticks, cant see so we tripped on sticks and we couldnt find eachother, o if u have an electro duckt tape the lcd trust me.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Number One N00b said:
Glow in the dark paint requires a speacial hopper, and the paint is to expensive.
No it dosen't, it's called put the paintballs under a UV before usage. Then only fill up your hoppers, leaving the rest there and go play a game. Remember they will glow for about 15 minutes. After the game switch out the un-used paintballs for ones that have been under the light and go play again.

They cost about $80 a case. With 4 people paying for a case its only $20. Remember, you won't go through nearly as much paint because you are playing at night.

·
Registered
23 Posts
defend the base sounds cool but i played at night and man it blows u cant see nething and its a pain in the ass findin ur way around. i would do defend the base or play in a feild wen the moon is out so u can kinda see thats pretty good

·
Registered
489 Posts
I played a game at dusk, and me with not very good vision, couldnt see much, My friend (With 20/20 vision) could see me a little but it still came out a tie, I was shooting into Darkness,

If you have about $1000 you might be able to buy 2 Night vision Goggles (Or infared), and find out how to intergrate them with your Goggles, That would be an awsome Game
I'm not sure how much they would cost

EDIT: Speed ball at night wouldnt be that bad at all

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, we might try to put a few flood lights shining into the forest from a nearby field, or we may just play in the field only. The glowsticks taped to guns sounds ok, and maybe the glowing paint.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've not played a night game yet, but here's what I would do: Have one team sit in one spot guarding something. Put a couple of coleman lanterns around where they are stationed. The rest of the team can hide in the woods surrounding the "base". Then the other team tries to capture whatever is being guarded. Then switch teams, 'cause the one that's guarding is probably going to be taken out, lol. Still could be fun, if done right...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh, and I have a night vision scope, it's just for one eye though. I'm going to see if I can figure out a way to attatch it to my mask for night/dusk play.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Everyone here seems to hate night games but I really like them. It is something new to spice up your game. Sometimes we make a rule that you can not stand still or hide behind any kind of tree or bunker, this takes all the dullness out of it. But wait for a full moon, it helps.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts