Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Michael
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to get into woodsball, but I do not know anything about it. What do I need to know before starting/playing?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I see you have an '07 registration date, so I will assume you're an existing player. :)

Woodsball is really no different than speedball, except you're more likely to run into casual players and milsim types. I play predominantly woodsball/scenarios these days because they tend to be more relaxed. I started my playing career in the woods, experienced the rise of speedball, did that for a few years, and now just wanna play for fun.

Some people, particularly the milsim types, prefer to use overpriced, overweight, underperforming milsim guns when they play woodsball. Do whatever's fun. Personally, if I wanted to shoot an electro, you can be damn sure it'd be a lightweight, high-end performer. To me, sometimes paintball just seems too easy/boring with electros, and I have more fun shooting a gun with soul, so I shoot pumps and mechs most of the time. Right now my CCM T2 and AGD Automag see most of the field time.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You don't need to "know" anything, just get out and play. Make sure you have some cover, thats about it. Just playing the game is the best thing.

·
CQC Owner/Operator
9 Posts
woods is all i play man and own my own woodsball field. we have had every different kind of gun and player there you could think of so far and it really doesnt change much. most of the speed players that come out though have mostly lobbed paint at other players along with people with e-triggers. its more of an instinct thing than strategy, but they are both involved in woods.
its more on personal pref. of what feels good while playing to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts