Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay, I am now a proud owner of an Invert Mini :D. I have a 2piece 12" proto barrel (might change; suggestions?), a 45/3k tank, and an empire magna drive loader (was given to me). Is there really much to do with a mini?? Anything else left to upgrade?

·
God
292 Posts
Seems pretty nice to me.

How ya liking that Mini?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its pretty sweet. i dont have any nitrogen right now, so ive just been shooting it without the eyes so i can hear the clicks. i can see a HUGE difference of how fast i shoot from going from my old 05' spyder pilot acs, to the mini. i shoot like 5464534 times faster xD.

·
God
292 Posts
Haha, even from the Electra to the Mini, you still feel a big change.

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
The Proto barrel is actually REALLY nice. It's just a Dye UL barrel with different milling. I'd seriously reconsider changing it, unless you shoot very large bore paint.

Nothing necessary to upgrade. The Mini will shoot great out of the box. If you do want to upgrade, get a delrin bolt and the NDZ spring kit to lower dwell and pressure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would you say its long enough? or would a 14 be good?

Can you (if even possible) go into more detail about the bolt and spring kit?

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
12" is long enough. The only thing 14" will give you is a little more room to push a bunker out of the way. 12" will actually end up being some incredibly tiny amount more efficient, too (not enough that you'll notice). If you REALLY want that extra 2", then go for it, just don't think that it's actually going to shoot any better, the Proto 2-piece is as good a quality barrel as anything out.

Delrin bolt lowers mass. The spring kit allows you to lower the return strength of the spring. Because you have lower mass and less resitance when shooting, you are able to lower your pressure as it doesn't require as much to overcome the inertia of the bolt+spring. You are then also able to lower the dwell.
Lowered pressure AND lowered dwell leads to better efficiency, and less kick.

·
Registered
9 Posts
im yet to get one

if it doesnt have a clamping feedneck already you might want to get one and maybe a better tank like 48/4500 air tank. that will last you longer. the trigger on the minis is just plain amazing! so no upgrade on that. if you have some extra money and want to spend it, maybe to make it look cooler, get a new hand grip...just saying you could (not important, just makes it look better) let us know what all your doin to it though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts