·
All white bricks
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2004 ford explorer xlt with 4 wheel drive
26500 miles
v 6 engine

what upgrades should i go with

Im thinking windows tinted, possibly all terrain tires??? Exhaust for the loudness??? Brush Guard?

what should i do first?

oh yeah my pioneer deck and my rockford subs are already in there so dont mention that

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
ghostflames on the sides

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
dude ghost flames rock

·
All white bricks
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lifts arent my thing but im lookin into some 17 inch rims and some all terrains

any suggestions

also what kind of exhaust should i go for

·
Registered
833 Posts
minimagpro said:
lifts arent my thing but im lookin into some 17 inch rims and some all terrains

any suggestions

also what kind of exhaust should i go for

only 17s?? c'mon thats normal size for trucks factory now days...save up enough money for some 18s or 20s for that thing...

·
All white bricks
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i could do that but if i put those on all terrains which i have to have...... Im gonna have to get a lift

but we will see, im gonna stop by the tire place here in town and see what they have goin on

·
Registered
882 Posts
I wouldnt go with 18s or 20s on a explorer. Get some 16s or 17s, some 33 super swampers, and lift her 6 inchs, get a flowmaster, tint them windows, brush guard with a hidden winch, and a air filter, then your good to rally.

Lifting is nice, cuz then you can see everything. Someone I know has a 2 inch lift on his truck, and was drving down the interstate, and saw someone go down on someone while he was driving! He said it was the funniest thing he has seen in awhile.

·
All white bricks
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do you have a link to a site where i can get a good exhaust system like flowmaster, magnaflow, or dynaflow?

i cant find anything on the net

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Ive never heard a V6 that sounds good with exhuast. Id keep it stock....or get a real quiet muffler. Id go for 17s (KMC Stealths if they have'em) with the new nitto all terain tire. Id go for a nice sound system, I reccomend Kicker, JL Audio or Adire. I have a W7 if you're interested ;-)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
i'll give you suggestions on what not to do:

putting spinners or other obnoxions chromes on there
a very loud annoying bass system

seriously, doing either of those just piss everyone off

i dunno what to do. personally i like explorers almost all stock, i can see a lift if you want to pay more for gas, tinted windows arent bad either

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
Stereo, you seem pretty undecided on weather to sport truck it, or 4x4 it, but untill you decide, both always have *****in stereo's.

New head unit, dependin on how nice the factory ford one is, Subs, Amp, 6x9's, that kinda thing.

Then 4 inch lift, 37 inch tires.

then shave it...

Best of both worlds!

-RB-

·
All white bricks
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok well here are my upgrades so far done all by myself

I installed a magnaflow exhaust and left my cat converters on and it sounds very very nice. very smooth and not obnoxious (sp) but pretty loud

pioneer DEH-P4600MP Headunit that i intalled by myself

2 rockford fosgate punch HE 2's with a 1500 watt audiobahn A1500HCX amp

thats all that im doing for now and the tint in the next few days but its going to stay like that for a while

1 - 20 of 21 Posts