Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This morning I went to take some advil before school since my knees hurt and I had conditioning 1st period. Instead I popped some Tylenol PM and fell asleep about 35 times today.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
Barber said:
This morning I went to take some advil before school since my knees hurt and I had conditioning 1st period. Instead I popped some Tylenol PM and fell asleep about 35 times today.
Haha...that's hilarious. That would suck hardcore though.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Barber said:
worst.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Barber said:
I used to take that **** for sleeping, didnt do **** for me

·
Registered
176 Posts
PBNewbie69 said:
I used to take that **** for sleeping, didnt do **** for me
At a wrestling training camp over the summer, you would get so exhausted that rolling over during the night would hurt mucho mucho.

So i'd take 3 tylenol pm and i hoped i wouldnt move much :)

·
Registered
989 Posts
BUBBASR. said:
psh. wait untill you have jumped outa an airplane with full gear a few times. then you will know pain in the knees.
And have a CO that is some kinda running nut. 2 miles? Yea right, we're doing 6 today! Thanks, Cap. HE grenade anyone?

Of course if you're jumping outta planes, 6 is a joke to you too. I was gonna go 82nd then I found out I had orders for Hawaii. Let's see... go to Hawaii or go to North Carolina? Real tough one.

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
p8ntballweird said:
wow that blows.
especially if you're not amorning person like me. i have enouh trouble staying awake as it is
Word.

I have enough trouble staying awake through 1st and 2nd period as it is, without the interference of any pills.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
BUBBASR. said:
psh. wait untill you have jumped outa an airplane with full gear a few times. then you will know pain in the knees.
psh, wait till youve squatted 365 pounds without knee straps 10 times for 3 sets, THEN you know knee pain (for the next two weeks... big mistake lol)

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Spudchucker said:
psh, wait till youve squatted 365 pounds without knee straps 10 times for 3 sets, THEN you know knee pain (for the next two weeks... big mistake lol)
remeber that the normal motivated paratrooper hits the ground at 35 mph with over a hundred pounds on of extra weight. as a mortarman I carry aproximately 130 pounds on any particular jump plus my rifle and regualar carry gear such as helmet body armour and load carry equipment with 210 rounds. Now lob yourself out of a propeller driven airplane that will make your back crack on impact(Its true Ive cracked my back on every jump from the parachute extracting to the ruck strapped to my hips. Then smash all those same muscles and bones togeather again as you hit the ground. believe me. you don't know knee pain untill you have jumped outa an airplane more than a couple times.

Dogpatch said:
And have a CO that is some kinda running nut. 2 miles? Yea right, we're doing 6 today! Thanks, Cap. HE grenade anyone?

Of course if you're jumping outta planes, 6 is a joke to you too. I was gonna go 82nd then I found out I had orders for Hawaii. Let's see... go to Hawaii or go to North Carolina? Real tough one.
My section sergeant is a ranger. that will tell you something about our running habbits. Enjoy a nice brisk run in at a few degrees below zero with a wind jacket and pants a bolle and gloves. You freeze first. start a slow jog to warm your muscles then start running. After a few miles of this you want to die. Your body is soo warm but the air coming in is frozen. Your bolle will be white when you come back in. I hate and love it at the same time. Snow shoe runs are the worst.

·
Registered
363 Posts
BUBBASR. said:
I have bad knees after my second jump, I had enough.......... I went matq in the marines, I can run but jumps and helicopter drops are PAINFULL........ I envy you........

and as far as pills go I grabbed my vikidin instead of my tylenol before a hump.............didnthave the bottles marked and was in a hurry..........

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
I went through jump school with some recon guys who were generally older. alot of them said there knees were feeling it alot. I don't have trouble with it. I just really notice the pain when I am hauling my crap off the drop zone. The adrenaline normally eats it up so you don't really notice. I will hopefully go through ranger school after our tour and air assault sometime this summer if there are any slots. I don't wanna go to ranger bat but its a good tab to have not to mention alot of skill improvement. I just don't wanna be one of those twenty somethings that gets a med because you blow your knees out.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
once i misread the dosage ratings on a bottle of cough syrup that i took just before work. by the time i got to work i realized i was having one hell of a time trying to walk. well, long story short, I was high as **** cause it turns out that i took triple the recommended dosage for my bodyweight.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
BUBBASR. said:
haha on my step-dad's second jump (i think) in flight school or whatever....when he landed his mock-gun broke in half

he had a bruise on the side of his leg the size of my head

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
outlaner_0990 said:
once i misread the dosage ratings on a bottle of cough syrup that i took just before work. by the time i got to work i realized i was having one hell of a time trying to walk. well, long story short, I was high as **** cause it turns out that i took triple the recommended dosage for my bodyweight.
My father did that once when he was sick. He took a swig of cough syrup (the good stuff with codeine) right out of the bottle in the morning and went to work. At lunch time they stopped at taco bell and he was so wacked out he ate a taco, paper and all. He decided it would be best to come home and sleep it off. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts