Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
I don't really think there was an official FIRST website.

All the internet really is is just a large series of networked computers, so the first webpage could have only been shared to 3 people, and nobody would know about it...

Back then I don't think the military would have had a need to broadcast anything for potentially anybody in the world to access.

I faintly remember hearing it was some small business site though. No clue. :shrug:

Edit:
After looking at this I really wouldn't doubt arpanet being the first website ever.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Pyropenguin said:
I don't really think there was an official FIRST website.

All the internet really is is just a large series of networked computers, so the first webpage could have only been shared to 3 people, and nobody would know about it...

Back then I don't think the military would have had a need to broadcast anything for potentially anybody in the world to access.

I faintly remember hearing it was some small business site though. No clue. :shrug:

Edit:
After looking at this I really wouldn't doubt arpanet being the first website ever.
that my friend is 100% legit... the guy who created the internet (was just a network of like 5 computers)..

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
the first series of networked computers that you could call the internet was in fact ARPA. it was used exclusivley by the military as a means for controlling/launching nuclear weapons in the even that the "main base" was destroyed and they needed to be remotely activated. or something like that. but in years since, ARPANET has been decommisioned and removed from the internet, so you wont find it anywhere...

·
12,110 Posts
ARPA.. DARPA... Metal Gear... Must.. Destroy... The Final... Weapon...

eDIT: TBW I had the world first website. IT was really cool.. HAd this little bulldog guy, and some links to yahoo and an aircraft image gallery of all things.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Alpha said:
ARPA.. DARPA... Metal Gear... Must.. Destroy... The Final... Weapon...

eDIT: TBW I had the world first website. IT was really cool.. HAd this little bulldog guy, and some links to yahoo and an aircraft image gallery of all things.

lmfao...umm yea. If that the case I think Smitty and I aren't far behind you. I know my first and only website was back in the early ass 90's and so was Smitty's. Of course we met online...so yea.... ;0

and yes, I'm just joking around...seriously folks... :rofl

1 - 12 of 12 Posts