Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story told in a very short way.

Went paintballing today, practicing for tournament on monday. Teammate got shot 20+ times from about 5 yards away by a kid on our team.(walk on team) We knew it was this 14 year old kid because he was the only one shooting pink. I'm honestly scared to post this picture because people may never want to play paintball again, and I don't feel it's right to post a picture of another person(although he told me to put it on fb). These welts formed in like 2 minutes and are 2-3 inches each, with 15-25 of them all over his back / chest. It's terrible. May not want to play pb for a while after this.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Agreed. Sounds to me like the kid needs a lesson in surrender rules. 15' may be outside surrender range, but you don't plug someone at that range with such a burst. Let me guess, the kid's parents have more money than brains and bought him a marker he can't handle.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Can't see pics, but bet they're not the worst. I've seen REALLY bad welts. Had some doosies too. Had a welt that went from my elbow to my shoulder (a SINGLE welt). Got shot at over 400 fps by a stuck valve Tippmann 68 Carbine at a range of no more than 15'.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was from a kid that was playing on our team, they weren't the worst welts but there was just so many. I'll PM the pic to anyone who wants to see it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
My first time out, got bunkered by former team mate (he quite the team a few weeks after I joined. Money issues, I believe). 3 round burst at less than 5 feet. There was a loud explitative uttered, I wheeled around and stuck his barrel in the kid's face. Only thing kept me from lighting him up was my sense of fair play and the fact he cringed in terror as he turned away. Sometimes idiots need to be taught a lesson. I would have emptied my hopper into your team mate.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
paintballers are kinda crazy
dm4 for dummies | Free Video Clips | SPIKE

Now, that said, why didnt' the field do something about this after it happened? and why is a person on your team shooting at you inthe first place? and isn't it enough that once you see a break, you stop shooting?

I would have sat that kid out for a while, and gave him a stern talking to.
He showed everyone, and they did nothing about it. I believe the kid was just blind firing and wasting paint. The refs didn't do anything either, and since he's only 14, doing something aggressive could go very wrong.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts