Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents left home last thursday to go visit my brother and his fiance.. they came and visited me last night and then went home.

I just woke up to a call from my mom crying asking me where mitsu (my cat) usually hides when shes really scared..

I guess they came home and found her tangled, hanging upside down from her back leg in the draw string for the blinds in my parents bedroom.. ****ing hanging from her back leg not even touching the ground.

She was so terrified that htey couldnt untangle her so they just cut the string off. They got her down and she bolted. And hid in the far corner of the crawlspace/furnace room. They got her out and tried to get her to eat or drink, but she wouldnt. It looked as though her back leg is broken.

They set up an emergancy appointment with the vet for today, but now they cant find her. She's in the house, but god knows where shes hiding. I told my mom the likely places she's at and she said she'd go check. (unfortunately I had to tell her my closest, in which case shes going to find about 6 forties of vodka and beer. But at this point I dont really care)

The worst ****ing thing is that my parents were gone for five nights. Who knows how long my poor cat was hanging there. There was no mess (urine or ****) below her, so they are hoping that means she wasnt there long.

I just wanna run home and help my mom find her. ****, this is the first time being stuck up here has made me want to go home.

Now I have to go to a **** pile of lectures with this fear of my cat being ****ed up for the rest of her life, if not dead if she doesnt settle down and eat and drink. Shes gonna have a heart attack, she hates going to the vet and now they have to catch her, already freaking and put her into the cage for the car.. shes gonna ****ing die. god damn it. ****!

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
Yeh, That sucks pretty hardcore.. I remember this summer my dog following me to mow my uncles yard not too far down the road but across the highway... my dog just stood in the middle of the highway. ( I don't think he had ever seen it ) but he was just checking out the yellow line and I kept screaming at him to get over here then I saw a semi coming and I bout broke into tears I was so afraid. I started to run towards the road but the truck honked and my dog ran into my arms.. prolly one of the scarier things thats happened lately.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
wow thats a bit messed up..

my cat has a heart murmur i know if anything like that happened she would probably have a heart attack. she fell off a fish tank and broke her leg backw he she was a kitten, now she had a slight limp.

i just closed the door on her tail by accident, but she's cool with it, chilling on my bed watching the backyard.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I had a dog who had its whole bottom jaw ripped off by a bear trap. Ended up having to kill it ourselves to save it the pain. But im thinking the same guy who did that killed 4 dogs in our neighborhood by "antifreezing" them a month or so ago.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Cats can go day without eating and they should be okay. Eventually she will calm down, but it may take her a while. My cat broke the tip of his tail once, and he didn't take it too well for a while. The best thing you can do is make food and water available 24/7 wherever the cat is used to it being, and just give her time.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
theCOWgoesMOO said:
anti freezing them??
He put out some meat soaked in antifreeze. It makes them lay around for a few days, and they dont eat anything and end up dying.

·
I'm a big soft teddy bear
3,675 Posts
that sucks man. that's how my ferret died.

she had a hammock in her cage and she got her nail stuck to it and i guess fell of the top ledge (where the ledge was). my mom found her hanging from her leg... dead =(

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
I fele bad for you, but if it helps you any, cats can take injuries pretyt well. I had a cat that dehydrated istelf while we were on a 3 week vacation, and after some tender loving care (adnd lots of chicken broth) he's still alive and kicking.
My cats have also dissapeared for days (outdoor cats) and coem back with pretty intense injuries (paws swollen to twice thier size, nasty cuts on thier legs, ears, back). So far we've not lot a cat to a self-inflicted injury.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Dude i love cats so much I hope he/shes okay

·
Pedobear Supporter
2,526 Posts
Alpha said:
I wish I could do something... I'm pretty good with animals (seeing as I'm one myself)
I'm definitely sigging this.

sucks man, I hope your cat is okay... our old cat was an outdoor cat and he got stuck and starved to death it was so depressing.

·
GO BUCKS
798 Posts
I hope your cats ok. I love my cat to death. It was around when my dad died and he used to love my dad. So its like he has a little bit of my dad in him. He greets me more than my dog does. He's always sitting on the desk when I come home from school waiting for me. I don't know what I'm gonna do when he dies. He's the coolest cat I've ever seen. Anyways, hope your cat is doing good.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
yeaa man, i love cats too. Mine always waits at the door for me when i go out, and sleeps at the end of my bed with me every night.
Can`t imagine how id feel if something like that happened to my cat and i wasnt there to help.
hope things go well

1 - 20 of 23 Posts