Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been hearing rumors of smartparts having some problems, and if I were to get there gun now, and if they do end up going out of business, i wouldn't be able to get any replacement parts or warranty work done, what should I do?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Bankruptcy list - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Buying a paintball marker from a defunct company is like buying a classic car. Sometimes finding parts means buying another marker to part out yourself. In the case of the Vibe there were a metric **** ton made and they were going for cheap long before the bankruptcy. If you buy a Vibe now I'd wager that you will be able to easily keep one in the field for at least the next ten years.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I dont think it would still be a good idea though, what other marker would you recommend would be about the same price or hgigher( the main reason I wanted to get thr vibe was bnecuas eit was a good, decent marker and could still run on co2, but I guess ill invest in a tank unless there is a another good gun thats rins on co2)

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Spyder Vs2, Spyder Electra, Spyder Pilot with Eye, and a ICD Promaster.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are spyders reliable, or would it be worth it to jsut get an air tank and get a mini, g3 or something

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
no, not for you, cockers are tough to master and are like women, very tempermental, get one as a backup or a project marker but not in your position and want to rely on it day in and day out

i have a project cocker, i use it on occasion but not as the workhorse my dm6 is, the 6 is defiantly more reliable (my cocker is also far from stock so that plays into it a bit)

id say the best idea is getting a HPA tank and then looking into a mini, PMR, F8 and defiantly NOT the G3

·
It's 420 somewhere.
53 Posts
I sold my Vibe and purchased a used Electra09 with a egg3 hopper and extra barrel for a few bucks less than what I sold the Vibe for.

are spyders reliable, or would it be worth it to jsut get an air tank and get a mini, g3 or something
I would say so. So far I have used it 10 times and has never had any problems. The Vibe got used 3 times and all 3 times it messed up.

I assume your 98 works? If it does, I say keep playing and if you still want to get a better marker then of course save up for HPA.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i don't think i want to spend that much money maybe, maybe a mini, how about the Proto SLG?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
okay EVERYONE has a different opinions on these guns the g3, SLG, you guys say they are terrible but other people say they are nice, the slg is like 225, and techpb reviewed it and said it was the best marker for abound 200, whats so terrible about it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, I was reading some other stuff abou it on here, and it does sound like it has some problems, people were saying to just go with the matrix rail and you will be much happier

·
Noob
256 Posts
Ok dude this is markers you should look at(I will forget some)

INVERT MINI
DP FUSION F8
PROTO MATRIX RAIL
INFINITY LEGEND
USED DM'S AND EGO'S (OLDER MODELS)
SPYDER ELECTRA(LOW PRICE)
ETEK 1 AND 2(I WOULD SAY 3 BUT IT'S $500)

For you,I suggest that you get the spyder electra for $140 on www.ansgear.com and a good hpa tank.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
spyder electra looks nice, ill consider it thanks

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
ya the electra is going to preform very similar to the SLG but be a lot less expensive, at best i would say the SLG is a upper entry level marker, since it is still a sear tripper i can not label it as a mid range, whatever you want to label it as it is very overpriced for the technology in it.

for the most part i agree with MBRs list of markers up there with the exception of the older DM/PM matrices, while they will be in your price range there will be a few issues, first and for most they are high end balanced spools, not really something you want to jump into unless you know what you are doing in the sport or (no offense) have a little more experience than what it sounds like you already have. they can be temperamental over small things and things like adjustments can be a pain unless you know whats going on on the inside of the marker

minis are great shooters for a good price, i have a few qualms about them (thats why im selling mine) but for $200 i will agree they are a great value just dont go tearing into it unless you have to.

PMR IMO is one of the best mid range markers out there, they are unbalanced spools so they will be a little more quiet and smoother than a mini but generally are $50-$100 more than a used mini, tons of aftermarket and unlike their bigger brother the balanced spool numbed matrices they will not be nearly as temperamental, keep a fresh battery in them and lubed up and they will give you no problems

the electra is definatly one of the better buys in the low range markers right now, will work off co2 and the new ones have a on/off asa and a clamping feedneck, simple design, reliable and easy to work on and apparently $140 now which is a fantastic price

etek 1 and 2 are great markers, often considered mid range markers with the tech of a high end, they are a full pneumatic poppet in a budget package, they will take a little learning to get the hang of but its nothing like the numbered matrices IMO, poppets are much easier to get dieled in and generally are less prone to being temperamental than their balanced spool cousins

hope that helps some

edit: HOLY CRAP!!!!!11!! ANS says spyder is discontinuing the electra!?!?!? what the heck??? spyder cut off the vs series and now the electra? why are they cutting out their best markers like this???

·
It's 420 somewhere.
53 Posts
edit: HOLY CRAP!!!!!11!! ANS says spyder is discontinuing the electra!?!?!? what the heck??? spyder cut off the vs series and now the electra? why are they cutting out their best markers like this???
;0 Why do I keep buying markers that are going to be obsolete? I should just buy The Smigman.

Btw? Do you have a link Trbo? I went to ans but could not find any info on that.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts