Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post here, so hello. Anyway:

If there was a technique that could induce and maintain lucidity in dreams, but it required expensive equipment and time to condition, would you go to a lab/center and pay for it?

The technique would allow you to stay in lucidity for prolonged periods of time (45-60 minutes), whereas naturally induced lucid REM only lasts about 2 minutes.

I ask because I plan to start my own research lab after (hopefully during) college, but I can't really say what the demand for it would be. If it works, I certainly know it would be worth the money, and I'll likely keep it to myself and sacrifice profits for a while to further its capabilities before releasing to the public.

Better yet, how much would you pay?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spudchucker said:
i dont think that would work, considering you would have to map through that persons brain, which at this point in time is impossible. But yea, for an awesome dream id pay like 50 bucks
I don't understand what you mean by "map" through the brain, but my technique uses deep classical conditioning and neurofeedback which are very common in psychological studies.

·
baller for life
1,231 Posts
well the way i think of it is that i dont always dream and when i do a lot of them are just weird instead of enjoyable so it seems like it is a pretty unsure thing and depending on your methods, might feck up your brain

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bobsouderson said:
well the way i think of it is that i dont always dream and when i do a lot of them are just weird instead of enjoyable so it seems like it is a pretty unsure thing and depending on your methods, might feck up your brain
OK, I agree that the user could have a bad experience simply because the events of the dream are entirely dependent upon their subconscious.

But the actual method/technique of induction wouldn't cause a bad dream.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
i hate my dreams, they always turn out wierd and make no sense at all, i like dreamless sleeps- i go to sleep, and wake up- theyr so simple and easy!

·
Registered
264 Posts
You always dream no matter what. If you have enough sleep though you don't remeber it, but if you don't you can clearly remember the dreams for a little while. I would pay $50 for a sweet dream that lasts alll night that I can remember

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
CrazyCocker said:
You always dream no matter what. If you have enough sleep though you don't remeber it, but if you don't you can clearly remember the dreams for a little while. I would pay $50 for a sweet dream that lasts alll night that I can remember
i like it better that way.

·
Registered
264 Posts
What way?

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
I like it better not remembering my dreams. Last time i remembered my dream, there was something with a chicken, a thong, a corvette, and a New York crack whore....=(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Spudchucker said:
if this would just be another division of hypnosis, then any registered hypno dude could do it. I was saying that for a computer or something to implant a dream is beyond our technology
A hypnotherapist couldn't make a person see a precise image in dream, so traditional hypnotism is out of the question.

Neurotechnology (brain equipment) is the computer you're talking about. There currently is no method to induce lucidity on demand, since that is what I'm planning to reseach.

·
Registered
84 Posts
dude there is some movie about this i forgot what it was called though!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it was really complicated but pretty much there was this company that had a lucid dream machine or somethingand it makes your dreams seem like a reality. Then the dudes dream turns into a nightmare and whatnot. I didnt really like it but its on the same subject.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
spyderfreak said:
dude there is some movie about this i forgot what it was called though!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it was really complicated but pretty much there was this company that had a lucid dream machine or somethingand it makes your dreams seem like a reality. Then the dudes dream turns into a nightmare and whatnot. I didnt really like it but its on the same subject.
Vanilla Sky, made from the original in Spanish "Abres los Ojos" (Open Your Eyes).

Three reasons the concepts in Vanilla Sky wouldn't work:
1 can't stay in REM for 150 years
2 can't experience REM if you're frozen
3 can't have cogniton after fatal overdose of drugs

Good movie though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts