Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Photography Collection!

Hey,
I was just doing my imaging homework, taking some pictures, and I remembered that we have a chance to sell our pictures at shows. Here are some of the pictures I've taken tonight, would you pay for any of these? *Note* I will photoshop them to get all the minor color changes out of the backrounds and stuff like that.

*I'll change the contrast in PS when i can so you'll be able to see the picture a little bit more clearly*

This is the one with the major backround coloring problems.

So, would you pay for any of these? At higher resolutions (before i resized) they're all in VERY good focus, i was suprised.

Edit: Any critisism(sp?) is welcome. :)
Edit #2:
For anybody that's wondering, I used a Kodak DX6490 on these. The fire pictue was an 8 second exposure. The rest I just used auto mode, some with macro, and a flash.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
i wouldnt pay for them

they arent anywhere near professional quality, and all they are, are just pictures of flowers that have had their colors inverted

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Yeah, it looks like any of us could have taken those pictures and just inverted the colors.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
the one on the floor is pretty cool. my dad used to be really into photography with the delay lensing and stuff he still carries his 35 with him even though he has a really nice cannon digi. Ill suggest you read some really staple books on photographing certain things. My dad gave me the step by step guide to photography by michael langford when I turned 13 with a 1936 Zeiss Contax 2 which was a pretty cool camera. Then me being as cool as I am left it in a subway station in new york as a junior in highschool DOOOH. anyway In all seriousness step bystep photography has everything in it you need to know about becoming a semi serious photographer. even down to processing your film and correctly making everything work togeather.

another great book that might be in your library that you can look into for some inspiration and ideas on tricks you can play is just 'the camera' by life library of photography and time life books. I don't see any other authors. one of my favorite photos is in there mount williamson is an awesome pic and it shows you how to use certain lenses and techniques to take the same pictures as the works of art shown.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts