Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
<a href="http://www.picoo
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't know what to say.. I'm venting a little.

Well.. One of my AMAZING friends that I went out with in 8th grade and knew since 6th died today... She was such a good friend I don't even know what to say.

R.I.P Ashley Anderson

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
I don't want to feel like a dickhead/asshole for asking, but if you dont mind telling how did she die? Car crash?

Eitherway man, sorry to hear about your loss.

<3

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
Dude that sucks!

I just had one of my friends die over the summer. I just found out yesterday exactly what happened. We all thought it was drunk driving, but it turns out he was clean that night, he just fell asleep at the wheel and rolled his car, without his seatbelt on. I know exactly how you feel right now.

Just hang in there, and trust in God. Truly this was part of his plan, and her life on earth must have had a meaning for the short time she was on it.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

- Isaiah 41:10

In Christ,

- Brian

·
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.picoo
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CoolHipJim56 said:
I don't want to feel like a dickhead/asshole for asking, but if you dont mind telling how did she die? Car crash?

Eitherway man, sorry to hear about your loss.

<3
The number 2 teen killer..

Brain Tumors..

I'm just really pissed at myself cuz everyone went to the hospital to visit her for a day and I went to play paintball cuz I just didn't relize.. Now I just don't know what to say.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
kant_think said:

Brain Tumors..

I'm just really pissed at myself cuz everyone went to the hospital to visit her for a day and I went to play paintball cuz I just didn't relize.. Now I just don't know what to say.
man im sorry.. shamed_spartan had a similar story. i guess i can suggest just being around other people who are in the same position as you, might make you feel more comforting.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
kant_think said:

Brain Tumors..

You can't blame yourself for anything. I know that's hard to believe right now, but trust me. You can't and you shouldn't.....it won't do you any good. I will say make sure you go to her funeral and say goodbye.....if you don't, it will haunt you. That is something I know for a fact...

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
Some people can’t do funerals Kat. I’m one of them. I’m a strong guy emotionally, unless I consider you a close friend then I wear my heart on my sleeve, but funerals are just not cool. I almost didn’t go to my grandfather’s, it was too hard for me. I went to my friend’s viewing though, I lost it. I just can’t deal with the death of friends & family.

- Brian

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Same here i can't do funerals. But that sucks dude kinda same thing happened to me when a good friend of mine brother died in a hit an run.

·
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.picoo
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'ma definitally go to the funeral, I can't take them at all, but seriously, I'm just as hurt as I was about my brother, she ment alot to me..

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Headley said:
Some people can’t do funerals Kat. I’m one of them. I’m a strong guy emotionally, unless I consider you a close friend then I wear my heart on my sleeve, but funerals are just not cool. I almost didn’t go to my grandfather’s, it was too hard for me. I went to my friend’s viewing though, I lost it. I just can’t deal with the death of friends & family.

- Brian
same here

i lost a good friend right before school started back i couldnt go to the veiwin cause i couldnt handle knowin he was gone

that sucks man hope everything gets better

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Im kinda cold as far as death is concerened. Its the type of thing....it happens. Just remember the good times you had. Give a bit of time then move on. Because dwelling in the past will get you no where. Remember the aniversery and give her some time on that day to remember her but don't sit at home everyday thinking about how horrible it is.

Sorry man. no good way to have it happen.

·
chicks dig scars baby!
2,477 Posts
sorry to hear that man...last year (2005) i lost my grandpa, first time i ever cried in public. dont be afraid to at the funeral, people feel the same and theyll know just how much she meant to you.

bubba probably put it the best, the next couple of days..mourn her death, but remember the good times. and down the line dont hold yourself responsible god has a plan for everyone and it was her time to go. im sorry man, i feel for you.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
You have had a tough time over the past year and now this. You have my sincere condolances.

Like Headly, I too can't do funerals. I fight death on a daily basis, and I can intellecutalize the whole natural end of life etc., but I can not do it.

Recently our old fire chief died at 99 years old. Great guy, very popular, I knew him fairly well. His funeral was one of the most difficult things I have ever done. If you have ever been to a millitary, police, fire, or EMS funeral, you know that they play the bagpipes to "Amazing Grace". This ALWAYS gets me. Maybe it is a fear of my own mortality, I don't know, but I damn near have a panic attack when I have to sit through a funeral

Anyway, again, you have my sympathies and prayers that you can find sense and peace over her death.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
I used to play taps for the legion. Kinda desensitized me and gave me more respect for them at the same time. Normally they were random strangers but sometimes they were old timers I knew and had gone to other funerals for. You wouldn't believe the way playing taps can get to people. some will be fine for the whole burial then blowing taps will make them loose it.

·
Registered
830 Posts
oh my gosh, ty, that's really hard. catch me on aim sometime if you need to talk. sorry hon.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts