Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Michael
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, im incredibly dumb, i've make pretty bad grades since the beginning oh high school and now as a junior, i have a 2.6 overall gpa. I want to go to a good collage but all the ones im looking at require a 3.0, and its too late to pull it up.
I do have a question though. I believe i can make a 27 or better on the act, does anyone who knows anything about collage admissions have any advice?
like, has anyone gotten into collage with a lower gpa than required with a higher test score?

·
Registered
895 Posts
You might still have a shot. Try to get a 4.0 this semester. Just work your ass off and you can do it. I had a 1.5 freshman year because I really didnt care about school, or life for that matter. It wasnt until about thanksgiving break my sophomore year where I pretty much had a breakdown and decided I wanted to do something with my life. Since then, I have raised my GPA up to a 3.4 cumulative and my GPA last semester was a 4.5. I did a ton of practice tests for the act and sat and got a 29 on my ACT and a 2140 on my SAT. I ended up getting accepted to Michigan Tech, Georgia Tech, Purdue, Michigan State, and a few other colleges. All of these colleges normally wouldnt accept someone who has 8 D's on their transcript, but they realized how much I had improved myself and realized what my actual potential is. I ended up getting a scholarship to Michigan Tech and will be going there next fall. Just keep at it, and you might have a shot. You can do anything you put your mind to, you just have to try. It might be painful now, but it will pay off in the end.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
i doubt my gpa was over 2.2, im not attending college, and i can guarrantee that i will be in the top 5% wealth class in america. you dont need grades to succeed, you need a solid business plan, a good professional image, and an idea.

for instance, im choosing to flip houses, then get into commercial real estate. the guys who you deal with in this business could care less what your grades are. they care about what you know about in the industry, they care that you can manage money/people well, and they care that you look good. that's it. put out a good enough image and you need virtually no money to start

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
Take it from me you learn nothing in college anyway. The only things I learn are things not related to my major - basically you just play this game where you do a bunch of work that doesn't teach you anything, it's just hard to do and takes up tons of time, and whoever wins gets to keep on passing through the classes. I honestly haven't learned anything from the professors, all I ever learn is just from either the internet or some other **** that they tell us to look up, basically everything I learned could've been learned on my own; It's just this bull**** called a degree that most employers want you to have that keeps me going.

·
Michael
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
E-99 king said:
You might still have a shot. Try to get a 4.0 this semester. Just work your ass off and you can do it. I had a 1.5 freshman year because I really didnt care about school, or life for that matter. It wasnt until about thanksgiving break my sophomore year where I pretty much had a breakdown and decided I wanted to do something with my life. Since then, I have raised my GPA up to a 3.4 cumulative and my GPA last semester was a 4.5. I did a ton of practice tests for the act and sat and got a 29 on my ACT and a 2140 on my SAT. I ended up getting accepted to Michigan Tech, Georgia Tech, Purdue, Michigan State, and a few other colleges. All of these colleges normally wouldnt accept someone who has 8 D's on their transcript, but they realized how much I had improved myself and realized what my actual potential is. I ended up getting a scholarship to Michigan Tech and will be going there next fall. Just keep at it, and you might have a shot. You can do anything you put your mind to, you just have to try. It might be painful now, but it will pay off in the end.
yea, i just feel so DUMB for not trying sooner.

·
Big Props to L. Ron
1,130 Posts
Spudchucker said:
for instance, im choosing to flip houses, then get into commercial real estate. the guys who you deal with in this business could care less what your grades are. they care about what you know about in the industry, they care that you can manage money/people well, and they care that you look good. that's it. put out a good enough image and you need virtually no money to start

dont just flip houses rent them make a monthly profit then sell when the value is even higher and you can rent houses forever my dad just started and we own 4 he makes 700 a month on all 4 and since he bought them they have gone up 1.5 to 2 times original price. also most of the guys dont care even what you look like for instance my dads friend has over 300 properties and he is missing teeth and looks like a drunk ass bum

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
well just try to get your average up as much as you can, go to community college and transfer.

and going to college might not always help you but its probably one of the best choices someone can make. if you dont like it you can always drop out and find something else (if you have a plan like spud) but if you dont have a plan, its always worth it just to at LEAST go to community college to get some education

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Spudchucker said:
i doubt my gpa was over 2.2, im not attending college, and i can guarrantee that i will be in the top 5% wealth class in america. you dont need grades to succeed, you need a solid business plan, a good professional image, and an idea.
Word. I'm not saying school is stupid or that college is a waste, but it's definitely not everything.

http://www.davidkoretz.com/
See that guy? He's an acquaintance of mine. He probably did the same or worse as you in high school. Went to college for half a semester (yes, one quarter). He was a millionaire at age 16, and 10 years later he's doing better than ever before.

www.4bruce.com
See that guy? He had a 2.2 GPA in highschool. Never went to college. Guess what? He's a millionaire. Sign up for his free book. You only pay like $4 for shipping, but it's a great book. It might help you. Be sure to return all the CDs they send within 30 days, or else they charge you like $100.

-Jinjiro

·
Registered
629 Posts
I just had some big crap on collage choice and admittance (yea i know, gay...it was required) and they look for a trend, not overall generally.

So if you work your ass off, you do have a chance. You made a mistake, live with it. Dont beat yourself up about it, you can still go very far in life.

If all else fails go work and live at your local paintball field ;)

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Just try harder the rest of your high school career. If you get a 22 or 23 you can go to practically any reasonable school. If you get a 27 on the act though, and a 3.0 you will be able to go to any school you would want. (Considering you dont want to go to yale or harvard lol)

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
dude i know what you mean, but in a different sense.

im moving to washington this may to live with a friend and be closer to all my friends. im getting MY ged there, then i gotta look for a job. Then once i get a steady fulltime job i gotta pay myself thru community college/tech school (unless i get a good job that pays very well)

then who knows what from there

1 - 20 of 55 Posts