Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I fire my A-5, gas comes out of the barrel, velocity screw hole, trigger frame and the BACK (that's right) of the body where the end cap thing is.
I haven't fired it since I polished the internals last fall, and I'm pretty sure that I sanded down too much, though I got just below where all the gunk was.

So, I ask, do I just junk my marker or what can I do with it?
Can you buy just the two body halves from tippmann?

If I have to buy a whole new marker, I'll probably buy an ion or something.
Guess I'll be renting today :shrug:

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I have never heard of anyone overpolishing their internals. I polished the crap out of mine and no problems. I even cut one of the recievers in half. Dont panic, just break down the gun and re-assemble it and figure out what you did wrong.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heh, I did that like 5 times last nite.

I took a closer look at the rear bolt as it runs along the receiver and it seems to be pretty loose. I may be wrong, but it seems like that would make it so it wouldn't hold the co2 in.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Correct me If I'm wrong, but the Basic firing cycle is as follows:
rear bolt slides into power-tube and opens valve inside.
air exits front of power-tube, and propels paint.

The two areas that are somewhat sealed during this process are:
when the rear bolt goes into the power-tube to open internal valve.
when front bolt goes into front barrel.

I believe there are internal Orings in the valve that reduce/prevent air from escaping out of the rear of the valve...It is designed to exit the front only.

Isn't air out of the end cap called blowback?
I would inspect the Orings closely, particularly the front bolt Oring.

Have you tested your marker for leaks (when sitting)?

hope this helps...

·
Registered
62 Posts
i have a similar problem, i think that i sanded off too much of my 98s internals, but instead of leaks my gun inconsistently wont recock, sometimes it will foire fine, other times it stutters, rapidfires, or there will just be a "ping" noise, in that case, its as if the hammer never even touched the valve at all. i had the problem for a while, so i replaced the spring, thinking it was too weak, replaced the valve, yeah, the core of the gun, and still same problem. i wouldnt even care if my gun was stock or near stock, but i have put in over 200 dollars into it, so i either have to find a way to fix it (still not sure what the problem is) or i have to buy a new 98 custom, meaning a new barrel too, cause i have the old thread style. im bummed. any help would be greatly appretiated.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Are you sure you put all the parts right back into their correct area? Because I tried polishing my 98C once and I totally F'd up the inside, had leaks, false cocks and the safety wouldn't budge.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My friend (who worked in a sports shop and knows alot about paintball stuff) said that he thinks the powertube is cracked.
I probably did it while I was testing out my new R/T, cause the gun was getting pretty cold.
We'll see if a new power tube fixes the problem.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
I have an A-5 and am getting a 98c. The key to maintaining tippmann guns is to never do anything to them. They can't break if you don't break them.

If I was you i'd take the gun into your local shop and see what they can do for you. Explain to them whats going on and see what they say.

·
Registered
62 Posts
im not sure who was responding to who, but ive taken the advice either way, and i am thankful. i took it to my paintshop guy, and he was clueless. im thinking about just buying a new custom, 140 dollars, and i already have all the accessories and upgrades i could want for it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
yeah my a5 vents co2 out of the trigger area when i shoot it. It's especially noticable when it is cold outside. I haven't polished my internals either. I'm not gonna worry too much about it though, it shoots great....

·
Registered
452 Posts
Im not sure about polishing too much or anything, but i think if u dont have a Remote it will freeze and blow out alot of co2. I was adjusting me RT the other day on a warm day and i was ripping co2 out without the Remote on. i had no gloves on so my fingers felt numb after it it was so cold, frost and everything around the triggerframe and everything.

Later i used my Remote and i didnt have any co2 coming out at all.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thats the liquid CO2 coming into your gun. A remote helps because the CO2 is usually having the valve facing up (The screw in part), which means the liquid CO2 stays in the bottom and gaseous CO2 runs up through the remote and into the gun. An expansion chamber also helps keep liquid CO2 out of your gun, by letting it expand into gas CO2 inside the expansion chamber.

·
Registered
452 Posts
CustomProDude said:
Thats the liquid CO2 coming into your gun. A remote helps because the CO2 is usually having the valve facing up (The screw in part), which means the liquid CO2 stays in the bottom and gaseous CO2 runs up through the remote and into the gun. An expansion chamber also helps keep liquid CO2 out of your gun, by letting it expand into gas CO2 inside the expansion chamber.
Yeah i read that somewhere else lol, i thought that was what he was saying was happing to his gun...sounds the same but maybe i read wrong.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Check your valve and your power tube. If that is not your problem get the A-5 o-ring kit and replace all seals. If that is not the problem you may have to call or e-mail tippmans support office.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts