Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I hate losing
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm poor and I want to switch to an electronic marker. I don't care what brand it is or season as long as it works well, won't break down, fires good and is not 600 dollars.

·
I hate losing
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've played for I think 3 or 4 years. My last 2 years I've gone frequently in the summer time. I don't have legit clothing like jersey, pants etc. I use my football cleats for footwear. I have a bt-4 combat with I think a 14" barrel and HPA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a tippman 98 with egrip and a bunch of other stuff with it, I don't play anymore so I could sell the package really cheap if you are interested I can post pictures when i am home from school

·
I hate losing
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its alright zecho I'd prefer a lighter gun instead of another 98 ) bt4. I now have a job (well 2 technically) so soon I will have some cash to buy a used gun hopefully. I have my heart set on an invert mini. What are the pros and cons of one?

·
WARNING: Anti-Social
330 Posts
no. the ion XE was... mediocre, the ion itself was bad design XD

stick with your mini decision.
pros: easy maintenance, light, small
cons: small, somewhat (relatively) inefficient
Not really. I never had a problem with the Ion. However the Mini is better.I mean, you could always try to find a DM7 or something too. I've found a few that are in your price range before.

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
ion is a piss poos design, if a car company ever made a car in which you would have to take the whole engine out to change the oil, id also say its a piss poor design. same with the ion, you have to completely take the marker apart to get to the bolt, not to mention SP is gone, i wouldnt get one for that reason alone, parts will slowly fade away now

forget the tippmann or spyder recomendations, they are a blowback like your bt4, not really a upgrade

mini is a good idea, they are good shooters but iv always been a fan of the PMR over the mini (and i used to own a mini) about the same used price on those.

other markers to consider, the DP FX, the quest and on the more expensive side the etek 3

·
I hate losing
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've checked out the proto rail online and looked at some reviews (and one from techpb). It seems to be a pretty solid marker and at a decent price (25 dollars less than a mini) so I'll talk to the paintball shop thats at the park that I go to frequently and talk to them about it also. I've narrowed it down to the mini and the PMR definitely. I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Hopefully I get lots of tip money from waiting tables ^_^

·
I hate losing
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've also chosen my loader regardless of which marker I get, the invert halo loader (will this work well with both markers?) and I was wondering what sort of HPA tank to get? Which PSI and size. I already have a 3000 psi 48 cu. I see that carbon fiber 4500 psi tanks are quite expensive, can I just use my current tank?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts