Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Chances are that you aren't going to find one here. We are a little bit, well alot, smaller than PBnation where I would suggest posting a similar thread on their BST.

On a related note, why do you want the crossover? I mean it seems to be a nice marker but I feel there is a better value in a few markers in the same price range and a little lower.

Also how was your stay in Afghanistan? Noticed the OEF 2012. I'm there right now and will be leaving here shortly. Being in the AF though I didn't really have it as rough as our sister branch and the marines out at the FOBs, but still I'm ready to get back home.

·
OEF 2012
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha i did post on PBNation as well I just wanted to give it a shot and I have played Woodsball for a very long and I love my Tippmann and Tippmann in general I guess you can say i am a little stuck on Tippmann and as a matter of fact i am still here lol and we are leaving here soon as well although I am Army. Its been boring where we are but its been a good expierence to say the least.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Its fine to just like a brand, and from what I hear there is a lot of love for the crossover for being a solid marker. I guess since you are just leaving here money isn't really a big issue lol. I don't know if you are going to be able to find a real steal at the moment due to it being a fairly recent release but all the same, best of luck to you.

I've been at KaF the whole time fixing C-130 engines so its been pretty boring here too, but hey boring is safe lol.

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
I told you guys that the crossover was built for players like this but nobody listened to me...

it's a solid marker though, not anything terribly wrong with it.
congrats, its been a year or so and you have found 1 player

crossover is not worth the kind of money tippmann wants for it and unless you can find it for around $200 used (not likely) its not going to be worth anything over that

reasoning:

current mid range prices range from the DP E1 at $185 NEW and the invert mini at a little under $200 used and up. while each marker will be a little different they will all give you roughly the same performance as the crossover in a much cheaper package.

dont get stuck with tippmann, there are much better options out there for less money

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
you guys. we're destroying this mans WTB thread....

Trbo, just because only one person has posted here, doesn't mean he's the only person. He's simply a representative for the players who know tippman, and only tippman.

That said, I'm with miller. I wanted one until i realized it's threaded for tippman. And by the way i HATE that cocker threads somehow ended up as the standard, they're terrible

·
Redneck Paintball
709 Posts
Honestly the crossover is a great mid level gun it competes with others in the same area
If it came with autococker threads and better goodies in the box
Tippmann is great company with great people but their only downfall is that their customer service is not horrible but not the best

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
Better question, has there ever been a Tippmann WORTH making a PL of?
SL68II perhaps?

crossover i think could work but it really depends on what you would do to it

you guys. we're destroying this mans WTB thread....
i disagree, nobody on here has a crossover so if anything by posting in it we are keeping it at the top of the page on the off chance that someone comes along that does have one and is looking to sell

Trbo, just because only one person has posted here, doesn't mean he's the only person.
ummm...i never said he was? I said he is the only one we have found

And by the way i HATE that cocker threads somehow ended up as the standard, they're terrible
i agree, they take longer to thread in but on that same note i have often wondered why barrel makers dont just put less threading on the barrels so they dont take as long to thread on that seems to be the large issue with them anyway

wow, go figure someone has

$330! holy crap!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts