Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like once every few days i hear a movie advertisement out of my speakers, for new movies that are in theatres. i dont have any programs open cept AIM and winamp, and i get them with winamp closed too (its always open tho) it's so weird, i dont care about them but it means some sort of virus is on my comp, i ran mcafee and that didn't find anything. anyone hear about this?

·
Registered
416 Posts
aim always does that. it comes up from the news screen. i get it all the time. dont worry you arent loosing it yet.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's actually a pop-up add. I get them when I turn my blocker off and forget that I did. If you get a pop-up add blocker, it usually kills the prob. I use pop-up stopper pro, downloaded from Kazaa. The dogpile search toolbar also comes with a pop up blocker. You can get the toolbar on the dogpile website.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
it likes to do that right after im done listening to music, and my speakers are up real high

·
Registered
561 Posts
qube da penguin said:
You know that ad on your buddy list? Maybe if you deserve to find out where the noise comes from, you can put two and two together...
Ya but see, we have Deadaim, there is no ads in our buddy list.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i am sure that aol/realplayer do that to you..suddly and for no reason pop a add....get kazaa - lite and get the anti pop/ad program in that..or get spybot - seach and destroy...that will get rid of it for u :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts