Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great, we are 2 days away from our Season opener (wrestling) and our superheavy weigh decides he cant wrestle because of his knee.

His big black ass had an operation early this year ( On his mcl ) and its been 3 or 4 months since then, but he still isnt 100%. Hes like 6'6, 275ish, and one of the strongest kids ive ever met.

He decided he couldnt wrestle, so now guess whos being bumped up to wrestle the uberfat weight class? Yours truly.

I was working at 215 for the past month and a half and being thrown in with kids who are 50+ lbs than i am is a little harsh...especially since i was thrown in 2 days before our first tournament.

I just felt like being moaning, because life isnt fair and i cant handle my own against Big black Darknesses/rant

·
I'm a big soft teddy bear
3,675 Posts
DaBluedevil said:
hah, that sucks. Wrestling is beat. My friend does it, they have practice from 5-7 before school, then 2 - 5 after school, then 8-10 at night.
holy shazbot.

D

·
0 Posts
i ruined my dad with a good move the other night.. when in a grapple and you take a step back so they put a foot forward then you lunge forward and grab that leg.. completely took the guy out

·
Banned
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Orignally Posted by Smalls

i ruined my dad with a good move the other night.. when in a grapple and you take a step back so they put a foot forward then you lunge forward and grab that leg.. completely took the guy out
You mean a Collar tie (Grapple) into like an inside/outside single?

I couldnt tell if you were being serious or trying to joke around :)

D

·
0 Posts
no i was serious, i dunno the names of the moves.. i just remember learing it in gym

·
Banned
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh ok, Luckily in Superheavy weight everyone is relatively slow and there wont be much of that, and that is my only advantage...being faster and having more stamina.

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
i perfer martial arts and football....

If i was gonna wrestle over a guy, i'd take him down w/ some karate moves i still remeber, or tackle him football style...

Ps... i can still do a round a-bout... (jump in air, spin one foot around, and kick w/ 2nd foot) and i have used it... beware of me

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
I tried wrestling in 6th grade. After the 1st practice I lost 5 pounds, no joke. I had to quit though becuase of my foot. It still doesn't feel right.

·
Banned
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When bunker time runs out of paintballs, he rubs his foot on a dirty bunker and goggs them with his foot :)

Dont let this thread be hi-jacked.

EDIT- Barber, my first practice i lost 9 :p

·
Registered
698 Posts
Trying to tackle a wrestler = bad move. I remember, last year, we had about 5 guys from the football team come over to the wrestling team. They were all like "We go beat you up," stereotype football players... It was funny to watch. You would see them standing straight up, trying to walk back and kind of spear the kid they were wrestling with, everytime, the guy moved to the side and threw him down. Only one of the kids from the football team actually stayed on the wrestling team. I think that Smalls was talking about would be some take-off of a single leg, there are so many different thing to do after you grab the leg... Good luck Worr, by the way, our 215 pounder won state last year, he is a junior now (sophomore then), name's Wes Vilda, go to missouriwrestling.com

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
D_Smalls said:
Whats better is to get an over under lock with your arms and push into them just a little to make them push back, as soon as they push you use their weight and hit a lateral drop(guys goes flying and his head will hit the mat before his feet looks cool as hell too) if you ever watched the movie vision quest he hits it a couple times and wins against Shute with it.

·
Banned
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My Favorite move right now is probably A Duck Under...or a Bear hug, but thats only for kids my height/shorter and kids around my weight.

Those 2, a Hip Toss...or just wrestle defensive, and wait for them to make the first move.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
BichSlapinWorr said:
My Favorite move right now is probably A Duck Under...or a Bear hug, but thats only for kids my height/shorter and kids around my weight.

Those 2, a Hip Toss...or just wrestle defensive, and wait for them to make the first move.

Still wrestling like a middle schooler I see.

·
Registered
849 Posts
my season opener was yesterday
it was a small tourney, and this is my first year wrestling
i was at the very top of my weight class, and they bumped me up into the weight class above me cuz it was a small tourney, and they only had 3 ppl in that class
i came in fourth, and the guy that was in third beat me by a point
i won only once, by pinning him
it was awsome

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
N8ive_Snoborder said:
my season opener was yesterday
it was a small tourney, and this is my first year wrestling
i was at the very top of my weight class, and they bumped me up into the weight class above me cuz it was a small tourney, and they only had 3 ppl in that class
i came in fourth, and the guy that was in third beat me by a point
i won only once, by pinning him
it was awsome
Wouldn't that meen you didn't win at all since 3 + you = 4, you = 4th, 4th = last, last = guy who didn't beat anyone

·
Banned
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally Posted by wtf Munkey

Still wrestling like a middle schooler I see.
Wtf is that sposed to mean? i dont really see how that makes it middleschool wrestling...and btw most divisons have Middle schoolers wrestling lower weight classes on vars. :)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
BichSlapinWorr said:
Wtf is that sposed to mean? i dont really see how that makes it middleschool wrestling...and btw most divisons have Middle schoolers wrestling lower weight classes on vars. :)
It means that if thats all you can do (bearhug being almost non existent in Div 1 high school wrestling) then you still wrestle like a middle schooler sticking to easy moves that only work on wrestlers who wrestle like a dead fish

1 - 20 of 34 Posts