Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, first time poster here. My A-5 is in the mail on its way to me, and I'm thinking about getting an e-grip for it. I heard from a friend that there is an old style one and a new style W.A.S. one. What's the difference? He says that on one of them you have to pull the trigger three times or some junk like that before it will fire full auto; is this true? I want to buy the one that I can set to full auto and just press the trigger once and have it fire full auto. Which one is that... the old one or the new one with the W.A.S. board? Also, which one is better (in your opinion) and why? Thanks.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
All versions of the E-grip have had full auto.

The WAS board is an upgrade circuit board for the E-grip. It is made by WAS. There is also an upgrade board called the APE board. In the end the two are pretty much equal. It's a board for a blow-back semi, there isn't much worth changing with programming.

Shoot true semi. Anything more is for failures. :tup

·
Registered
97 Posts
W.A.S version owns. I was messing around with the Psp ramp mode the other day and that thing is fast!! Nice if you play at a field that allows ramp.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have the W.A.S. and you have to pull three times before full auto. But with the Auto Responce and Turbo you dont even need full auto. Stick to semi but if you want it, auto responce and turbo are way faster anyway. Up to 30 bps (so the book says, but you know how companys are bais with their products)

·
Registered
115 Posts
^^^ Ya mine did if you order it with it

Steeltoe, this should answer your questions

I put this in another thread but I thought you would like it here as well

1. SEMI-AUTO = 1 pull/release of the trigger fires 1 time (default firing mode)
2. 3 SHOT RAMPING MODE = 3 trigger pulls are required (semi-auto) and the consecutive trigger pulls will fire 3 shots per pull as long as the trigger is pulled at least 5bps (This adheres to the 2005 PSP rules)
3. 3 SHOT FULL AUTO MODE = 3 trigger pulls are required (semi-auto) after which the trigger can be held to achieve full auto firing. (This adheres to the 2005 NXL rules)
4. AUTO RESPONSE = Fires one shot for each pull or release of the trigger. If the trigger is held for more than 1/4 of a second, when the trigger is released no shot is fired.
5. TURBO = Fires one shot for each pull of the trigger until the time between trigger pulls is less than 1/4 of a second at which point it will fire on each trigger pull AND trigger release.

(Taken from the W.A.S. board E-Trigger operating instructions)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts