Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are these those eye things yall talk about im tryin to figure out wut they are lol newb question....cause im like takin apart my gun and lookin at it and i smotted this...i have a spyder imagine 04 if yal wanted to kjnow

lol forgot picture...

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Right, Vision is the SmartParts term for a gun with eyes. A more generic term is Anti-Chop Eye..Ever see someone's post saying they had ACE? Yea, just means they have eyes installed.

There are after-market boards for Spyders, such as the T-board, that allow the install of Eyes. It involves a little drilling and some small cuts on the inside of the grip frame. If you get one and don't feel comfortable with the install, and can't find someone who it, there's a fair number of people that will do it for a small cost.

·
Registered
920 Posts
No, the only ACE system called vision is made by Smart Parts. Others come up with different names. An ACE(anti-chop eyes) system is exactly what the name suggests. They use either break beam or bouncebeam electronic sensors to determine when a ball is fully in the chamber. If the ball is not, it will not allow the gun to cycle, preventing chops. Yes, you can get ACE for a spyder, but you will need to get a board that supports it like the T-board and you will also need to get it milled for eyes.

Zeruel

EDIT: dangit you beat me to it torch :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts