Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a huge debate in Government class and i'm wondering what you guys think was a few of the main reasons World War 1 started?

The one im working on a speach for right now is the shooting that took place in Austria-Hungry and the conclusion of the war guilt cause against Germany.

-Thanks

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
as far as i konw, the shooting is what caused WWI. I'm sure you know more on it, but if i remember right, some kingdom got pissed at another one and then all hell broke loose.
Thats what set it off, but that isn't the reason for it. Cookie cutter analogy for the beginning of WWI, everything else (imperialism, nationalism, etc. (check out Angered fist site)), was like a barrel of gunpowder, and the shooting was the match.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
didnt the germans "secretly kill" some leader of another country, and since that country didnt like germany in the first place because germany took some of their land a few years before and claimed it as their own, attackd them in an effort to regain THE MOTHERLAND? thats all i can remember from World history...bite me.

O

·
0 Posts
Basically, there was all those agreements and alliances and hatred created between rivals when they took Africa, then the assasination just set it off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts