Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now's a good chance to buy a better spring. any suggestions out there?

i saw this Amazon.com: Tippmann X7 Velocity Spring Set of 5: Sports & Outdoors

if that's what i should get which one do i use for regular play - i dont feel like replacing it everytime i go out - or if it makes that much difference maybe i will

also, does that pin in the spring go in the stock side or the bolt side - i wasnt paying attention when i took it apart

thanks

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
A spring kit is always a nice thing to have, but Amazon usually charges a little more than if you bought directly from a paintball website

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Stock side. You use whichever spring gets your velocity to the desired level with the minimal amount of tweaking. I've never found them to be all that important unless you are playing indoors where a really low velocity is needed. In that case swapping out a spring is a better option than cutting one.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I know. I just never got to the point where the efficiency was good enough that I forgot I was using a blowback. Then again I'm a lazy guy and topping up the tank a bit sooner is a lot easier than tinkering with springs.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Im not going to sujest this but i saw a youtube video of a guy removeing the spring and using a mechanical pensil spring so he could shoot his gun like a speed baller. I DO NOT RECOMEND THIS!!!

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
A mechanical pencil spring to replace the drive springs?

I would think that since the OP posted a Velocity spring set that a mechanical pencil spring would be too weak, but than again, I'm not too big on Tippmann's so maybe I
m just not getting something
:)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all. I managed to fix the spring with some careful bending :) but since i got a few bucks laying around i decided to get the tech t zero kick hammer which comes with it's own spring - so problem solved :)

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
A mechanical pencil spring to replace the drive springs?

I would think that since the OP posted a Velocity spring set that a mechanical pencil spring would be too weak, but than again, I'm not too big on Tippmann's so maybe I
m just not getting something
:)
No you replace the trigger return spring. It reduces the trigger pull so you can pull the trigger a little bit quicker. Not worth the time in my opinion but it is free/cheap to do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts