Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
I commend you for taking the time for this.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I noticed there was nothing posted about the phenom (I did a lot of searching for reviews and opinions on the marker before I bought one) so I figured I could give a laymans opinion on how it works without all the science stuff that can confuse some folks. If any of my info is inaccurate or something needs added feel free. There is a lot more info out there about it but what I didn't understand or have the background to comment on I left out.

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts
One correction: only Spyders need the 9.6v battery, other e-sear trippers do not like A5 and regular X7, Piranhas (they come with an 8.4v battery stock which can be swapped for a regular 9v.)

Other than that small detail, which isn't even related to the phenom, everything you posted looks to be 100% accurate. Very well done. :tup

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ahh ok. My only experience with e-triggers has been with my teammates spyders and I have two e piranhas. Those spyders do not like off the shelf 9v at all.

I should also add replacing the battery involves the removal of not 1 screw. Just pop open the battery tray with a thumbnail and you can replace the battery and be back in business. This could even be done in the field if you are playing a scenerio game where you have a minute that you can take cover.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im still trying to figure out how it works without a sear in a manual mode...
Ok I have gotten into tearing apart this marker, which is amazingly simple btw. Everything comes apart with pins except for 1 bolt you have to remove to take the hopper off. The whole spool valve assembly comes out in 1 piece. It looks like when the spool valve assembly is charged with air a small button pops out on the bottom of the assembly. In manual mode pulling the trigger makes a small lever push up on this button firing the marker. In electric mode this lever is manually disconnected from the trigger and the solenoid takes over the lever movement. Since it takes far less power to push this little button than to trip a sear holding a bolt back it allows for standard 9v operation and I would imagine the battery lasts longer. It's been over 10,000 shots not counting dry fires and the battery is still good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts