Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to say that the best console EVER is the XBOX. It is way better than a PS2, PS1, or any other console. SNES? Are you people crazy?! The Xbox and Xbox 2 will, and always be the best consoles ever. Oh, and Halo rocks!!!!!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
lol i second that but this will get some major flaming

*puts on flame-protectant suit so harmful posts will not affect me*

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
HALO was overrated.
HALO2 is over-hyped.

It brought nothing to the FPS world. It was the first big game on X-box, that's why it's big. It sucked otherwise.

And X-box is terrible, what a stupid investment. To this day, microsoft STILL loses money on every x-box sold.

What a great system huh?

·
Banned
319 Posts
Who gives a crap about Microsoft, all we care about is the XBOX!!!!!!! rollin:

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
umm microsoft makes Xbox u noob....

Xbox is overrated in gernral. The games arnt that good...Xbox live is one of the worst attempts to play games online. You can get the same quality on PS2 and not pay a dime.

The only popular Xbox only game that is out is Halo...which like stated before...is overated as hell...ya its a good game...but it isnt THAT great. Plus FPS are apsoultly HORRIBLE on console games. Computer totally pwns all systems on FPS...EVERY game that has come out on PC and console...the PC has been better. Why? better graphics...more customizable...and the biggest difference...use of the mouse. I hate playing FPS with the danm game pad sticks...you either make them so sensity that you can aim quick...but u can never acutally hit the person cuz its TOO sensity...OR its not sensitive enough...so you can hit the person...but then u cant aim quick enough and it takes 20 seconds to turn around....the mouse just pwns those stinking game pads.

Other then HALO...Xbox doesnt have that great of games...there are 1 or 2 here...but nothing to great. Now look at PS2...you got great games coming out the wazoo....MGS2...grand turismo...grand theft auto...those games are good enough to be the sole reason to buy a console game.

Either way...Xbox's only good games are FPS...and FPS are terrible on console games...Raven shield sucked....ghost recon sucked...and halo sucked...you may say they are great games and im crazy...but im a avid PC gamer...and to play those games on PC...and try to play them on Xbox...its like going from Xbox to a atari....its just terrible.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
God, the kids of today...

Any true gamer who knows what they are talking about will tell you SNES is one of the best, IF NOT BEST, consoles ever. I know I can't convince you punks, so I'm not going to try.

Oh yeah, speaking of which, I got a sweet deal at a garage sale today. I picked up two (yes 2!) complete NES systems for $10, and then 3 great games (SMB/DH, SMB3, and TMNT) for $5.

-Jin

·
Registered
549 Posts
I agree with Flatliner. FPS are really bad on consoles. Once you play Quake, HL, UT on the PC nothing else matters with FPS. I do have to say that Burnout2, and alot of the homebrew games are cool. Along with it being a DVD player (modded never buy the remote kit). Xbox live why would you pay $50 a year when you can play for free with XBC or other connection programs. It is a computer that has locks on it thats all I put in a 120GB harddrive in mine and now never need the game disks no more switching. If you dont mod the xbox I see no reson to get one sense Halo is now on the PC as well.

Jinjiro: I got an Atari 2600 with 16 games 2 joy sticks and one set of paddles for $25 at a yard sale. Alone the system costs $50 and yes the NES is a classic cant really match that.

Kyle

·
Registered
27 Posts
I HATE using a keyboard and mouse for FPS! I'll take a REAL controller to a mouse any day. And how is Halo 2 over-hyped? It's going to be 10 times better than Halo, and Halo is the best game on the 'box, 2 years after it's release!

And how can you not like Ghost Recon?! There isn't anything like it on the PS2, correct me if I'm wrong! You don't get squad combat much better than that, until, of course, the sequel comes out towards the holidays of this year! And PS2 games graphics suck, their games are crap, they released the PS2 too early before the better hardware came out, I hate the PS controller; that's why you barely spend a dime to get one!

If your ready to play more mature games, let Microsoft know when you're ready. wave:

·
Registered
27 Posts
eforcecore101 said:
i think we all can agree the worst system ever was game cube
I don't know, I got some hardcore Nintendo fans for friends (who have admit themselves that the only way Nintendo sells is purely fan loyalty), and I've got some die-hard Xbox lovers for friends, I myself have a 'box. And I only have two friends with PS2 (both have a 'box as well).

·
Registered
549 Posts
If I could pick two systems they would be Xbox and Gamecube. I know one person with a PS2 and have played it but never really liked the Playstation or PS2. If there were no mod chips then I would get GC all out. Sniper is correct nintendo has been supplying good consoles from the NES up.

Kyle

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Uber Sniper said:
I HATE using a keyboard and mouse for FPS! I'll take a REAL controller to a mouse any day. And how is Halo 2 over-hyped? It's going to be 10 times better than Halo, and Halo is the best game on the 'box, 2 years after it's release!

Well, let's see. It's been hyped as being "a ground breaking FPS" for about 2 years. And it hasn't come out yet. HALO2 is the most over-hyped piece of **** game ever. It won't be groundbreaking, and it won't be amazing or anything like that. It'll be HALO with a couple of new guns.

If your ready to play more mature games, let Microsoft know when you're ready. wave:
ROFL, HALO is not mature at all. It's horrendous and a rediculous excuse for a game. Nice try though. You want mature, go play a game that takes effort to understand and beat.

·
Banned
1,346 Posts

And how can you not like Ghost Recon?! There isn't anything like it on the PS2, correct me if I'm wrong! You don't get squad combat much better than that, until, of course, the sequel comes out towards the holidays of this year! And PS2 games graphics suck, their games are crap, they released the PS2 too early before the better hardware came out, I hate the PS controller; that's why you barely spend a dime to get one!

If your ready to play more mature games, let Microsoft know when you're ready.
just cuz u have ADD and you cant concentrate enough for 2 minutes to remeber that the mousebutton is fire, dont dis the mouse and keyboard. Mouse and keyboard gives you SO much more control over gaming. Yes it takes a lil longer to get used to...but once you do it you will never go back. You can control your charater so much better. Anyone that is a avid PC gamer will tell you this is true...ANY pc gamer...i mean ANY...ask them...

As for ghost recon...Ghost recon was a good game...ON THE PC...its obsolite now...but when it came out it was good. Then when it came out on Xbox and PS2...it SUCKED. You have about half the customizing you could do on the PC, the graphics are worse...and your missing out on all the great multiplayer mods and new maps you cant get or make on the Xbox/PS2. On the PC you dont just pick your character...but you pick SPICIFICLY what primary weapon..secondary weapon...and equipment you take in. This is the exact same thign with Raven Shield...the Xbox version is a extremely toned down version of the PC game...they toned down the graphics a **** load...they toned down the customization a heck of alot (picking weapons, maps, and planning)....before, you could pick primairy..secondary..and 2 equipment items...not only that..but you had about 30 primary weapons...and each one...you could pick to put on a scope...extended magazine...or silencer...same way with the secondary equipment...i could go ON AND ON about much they tone down the FPS from PC to console. And once again...the mouse and keyboard pwn the simple controler. you can do so much more stuff...and control the player 10 times better.

and for PS2...your seriously a total noob to computer technology....Xbox came out like a year after PS2...umm so no **** its gonna be powerfull. 1 year and a FAST CPU will me medocre. you could say they releaced everything to early...either way...as the years go by it will be more and more obsolite. As for bad games...i dont kno wat ur smoken....you got the MGS series from the beginign...grand theft auto...grand turismo...those 3 games are AWSOME...wat does Xbox have? ummmm halo? ohhh buddy

Halo 2 hasnt even had a playable version out yet...so how can ANYONE talk abotu how sweet it is gonna be. There was a long arcticle in the magazine GMR about the Halo 2 video. After interviewing the makers...that is not actual in game footage...its just a big cinimatic scene and put the camera to make it look like in game. They said they havnt even got a FULL playable level yet. Wow...a cinematic scene...you do realize cinematic scense are usually NEVER how the game itself looks.

Also i dunno why its mostly Xbox players...but you peopel gotta look through the hype. Every major game that comes out talks about HUGE advances in graphics...and the AI is so awsome its real.....HELO they have been sayign this every time a major game came out. Remeber when they said that about the first games to come out on PS2? umm ya they were great...but they werent amaizing like they said in the begining. and once again...consoles will never be as good as PC...especially graphics wise. Half life 2 was supposed to come out last year (but it didnt due to the hole hacking insedent)....but anyways...those graphics are better then in the Halo 2 movie.....and those are trailers...not in game...well wat does that tell ya? here we have a game that is out now with better graphics then a game that will come out in a year or more.....

Hmmmm....

consoles suck with FPS...the only good consoles do is with sports and racing games.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Uber Sniper said:
I HATE And how can you not like Ghost Recon?! There isn't anything like it on the PS2, correct me if I'm wrong! You don't get squad combat much better than that, until, of course, the sequel comes out towards the holidays of this year! And PS2 games graphics suck, their games are crap, they released the PS2 too early before the better hardware came out, I hate the PS controller; that's why you barely spend a dime to get one!

r u dumb.... SOCOM 2 pwnt GR so ****kk off

·
Registered
898 Posts
Atari > you

Caterpillar = Best Game Ever

I own PS2 and Xbox and Atari...I'm good.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Xbox owns all other 'modern' day systems. PS2s suck. Gamecubes suck.

I have had 2 PS2s, both of them broke. All of my friends and my brother have had a PS2 break on them.

Gamecube lacks good games. Graphics are sub-par and there is no online play.

SNES is the only better system than an Xbox.

But remember, it's oppinion. Let's nart make a flame war about this.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts