Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm getting an Evo 2 (egg II) pretty soon to keep up with my ion and i was wondering, which i should get, y or z board, which is faster, and what do they cost? any help appreciated. thanks

352 Posts
z-board, even though u can't set the speed, it's 6 bps faster, (give or take a few) so it's a deal. If u have a stock board on ur ion then the y-board is good (max'd at 17) but the z-board is only a few buck more so it's a good deal.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Z-Board. From what I understand, the Y-Board feeds slower than its advertised minimum feedrate, so I would suggest the Z-Board because its inexpensive, and if you ever decide you want to shoot your ion at 17 bps then you won't have to worry about not feeding fast enough.

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
Aren't Z-Boards like $20 or less now? I'd prolly just go with that but Smitty's mod is very nice and cheap, but I dunno if you'd be losing or keeping money by going with that.

And all of Viewloader's advertised speeds for their loaders are higher than they are in reality.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
xPiZZeRx said:
And all of Viewloader's advertised speeds for their loaders are higher than they are in reality.
Yea. I had an egg and could easily outshoot it with my fenix...which is capped at 14bps.

z-board only feeds like 2bps faster anyways...pointless.

Just keep the y-board, and do smitty's mod...then wait for the egg to fall apart (it will happen...eggs are made from really crappy plastic) and buy a Halo b.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
fenix_freak said:
Just keep the y-board, and do smitty's mod...then wait for the egg to fall apart (it will happen...eggs are made from really crappy plastic) and buy a Halo b.
Kats Egg lid broke yesterday for no reason at all. Good ol' high quality VL products at their finest.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
Smitty said:
Kats Egg lid broke yesterday for no reason at all. Good ol' high quality VL products at their finest.
Yup. In the 4 months I had my egg, the battery door broke twice and the lid just snapped off for no reason...all were in a middle of a game. Sold it to a friend (gave him a new shell too) for 40 bucks...he's had it for 4-5 months now...it's held together with duck tape.

·
The Assault Sharpshooter
442 Posts
yeah i have gorilla duct tape holding my battery latch shut..hell yeah

·
Banned
20 Posts
imo dont buy the egg at all i have had a bad experience or 2 with eggs the battery door breaks(happened to me 2 times in 2 months) the lid notches on the side of the lid break off. it doesnt feed to its advertised feed rate. and the feedneck is very very easy to break.all in all my egg and 2 of my buddies eggs were pieces of crap. in conclusion just buy a halo b if your tight on cash and if your not get a reloader b or b2 if they have them for sale anywere now.trust me if you have a few bad experiences like i did youll end up buying a halob or in my case a reloaderb.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts