Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again, me on top of the current scene... Yasser Arafat died today at the age of 74 in Paris. No one knows what happened to him, something heart related they thought at first, but that idea was thrown out the window. Yasser Arafat was the leader of the Palestinians. Thought anyone who didn't know should...

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Never liked that crazy bum. I thought the Isralis should of killed him when they took over his compound. Lol, the isralis totally burned palistine on that little war...

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
I though he was still in a coma?

Whatever, he's as good as dead now anyways.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
I was just about to make a thread on this. Do you think this will trigger an elevation in suicide bombings, etc?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably will, but then... anything will. I always thought he was a really stupid guy, but he stood for his people, that's a plus in my book.
Edit: He was in France because that's where they took him when he got injured (they don't know what happened to him, autopsy probably will show). I guess his family chose France???

O

·
0 Posts
I wish he could have felt that kidney stone coming out though...maybe that's what killed him. Oh well, now who's going to take over?

·
12,110 Posts
He never named a sucessor. His two advisors are coming to power right now.

I dont know, I just wish they'd all just shut the **** up and learn to live and let live. Who cares if they call god by a different name. God damn radicals.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Didn't he save up almost $1,000,000,000 that was supposed to go to the Palestines but instead he kept it for himself, and the Palestinians all thought he was some sort of god?

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
It will be interesting... The Palestinians are actually very fractioned as a political entitiy and it was only the "iron rule" of Arafat that kept the country from fragmenting into many squabbling factions. Some say that with his death you may see an increase of intrapalestinain fighting, but not as much terror towards Isreal.

I don't know how I feel about the man. On one hand he was a head of state that aided and abetted terroists (they call themselves freedom fighters) and was directly responsible for the deaths of thousands of people. On the other, he was a man who fought long and hard for his beliefs, attempting to free "his" country from the opression of an occupying army/state.

Suffice it to say, his successsion will be interesting (and possibly bloody) as the transfer of power is worked out.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
There has been a rumor for the last 10 years that Arafat had HIV due to him sharing a characteristic with George Michaels.

The rumor resurfaced now that he died for things that people dying with HIV commonly die from. (ie liver faillure, etc).

But... I don't think its true. I'm glad he is dead. He was a terrible person.

Sure... he could be replaced with somebody worse, but that is hard to believe

nick

1 - 20 of 27 Posts